OT: The Americans are coming to NZ`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: The Americans are coming to NZ`

Just a little OFf Topic, but next year is the RNZAF's 80th birthday and they are celebrating with an Air Tattoo in Feb 2017. The RNZAF will show off the reformed Black Flacons Aerobatics team using the new T6C Texan II trainers, plus all the normal displays by the C-130, P3K2 Orion, NH90, A109K, and SH2G Seasprites.
    The RAAF are coming from Australia with a C-17, C-27J Spartan, and 3 FA-18 Hornets.
    The JSDAF, Singaporean Airforce, Malaysian Airforce and USAF.
    THe USAF have just confirmed they are sending a KC-135 for static display, and a C-17 and 2 F-16s for display as well!

SHould be a good show..
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Re: OT: The Americans are coming to NZ`

Any word or idea of the civilian warbird turnout? Military sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
      Any word or idea of the civilian warbird turnout? Military sounds good.
      I know that the Deere Collection will be there as they are based at Ohakea, so there will be at least 1 spitfire, 1 TBM, and an ex-RNZAF NAA T-6. I would imagine that there will be more Civilian Warbirds attending, but will have to wait and see.
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
        Just a little OFf Topic, but next year is the RNZAF's 80th birthday and they are celebrating with an Air Tattoo in Feb 2017. The RNZAF will show off the reformed Black Flacons Aerobatics team using the new T6C Texan II trainers, plus all the normal displays by the C-130, P3K2 Orion, NH90, A109K, and SH2G Seasprites.
        The RAAF are coming from Australia with a C-17, C-27J Spartan, and 3 FA-18 Hornets.
        The JSDAF, Singaporean Airforce, Malaysian Airforce and USAF.
        THe USAF have just confirmed they are sending a KC-135 for static display, and a C-17 and 2 F-16s for display as well!

SHould be a good show..
        Kiwi, would you like a Reno Air Race Nevada license plate? Send your address and I will mail you one.

My wife and I were coming down for Omaka 2017 but can't, maybe 2019. Thanks, Kahnzilla

Comment

Working...
        X