NewAtlas article "Wing to wing: Wild men and machines of the Reno Air Race"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewAtlas article "Wing to wing: Wild men and machines of the Reno Air Race"

Roaring, million-dollar World War 2 birds, chopped and tuned within an inch of disaster, wing to wing in a 400-plus mph circuit race over the baking Reno desert. New Atlas visits the world's fastest motorsport race, and meets some of its extraordinary characters.

Re: NewAtlas article "Wing to wing: Wild men and machines of the Reno Air Race"

Pretty typical vanilla. I could point out the mistakes but nobody here would miss them either. I will say that one day ain't enough time to soak up enough info to write an air race article for an air race fan that's worth reading. It's obviously not for us but how many "If you've never been..." articles are out there about Reno? To that end I say, "Meh."
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 12-16-2016, 10:18 AM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Pic #35 is the CAF Spitfire described as "Near-stock P-51D Mustang "
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

They even caught a few pics of my son, Bradley, interviewing Steve-O.
        Attached Files
        Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          Pretty typical vanilla. I could point out the mistakes but nobody here would miss them either. I will say that one day ain't enough time to soak up enough info to write an air race article for an air race fan that's worth reading. It's obviously not for us but how many "If you've never been..." articles are out there about Reno? To that end I say, "Meh."
          Bit jaded, dontcha think? As you point out, this article isn't intended for you, me or anyone else who is a regular here. Let's try to embrace the publicity and exposure in the hopes it puts butts in the seats and call it good, shall we?
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I thought the 1st person accounts from Stevo and the others was a nice touch.
            "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
              Bit jaded, dontcha think? As you point out, this article isn't intended for you, me or anyone else who is a regular here. Let's try to embrace the publicity and exposure in the hopes it puts butts in the seats and call it good, shall we?
              Jaded? Perhaps. Well actually it's completely jaded. However, so what? Nobody that finds that article interesting reads this forum. It covers the basics and that's about it. It's not that I don't like it or appreciate it or welcome it or support it, it's just very vanilla. I like chocolate. That's what AAFO is. Its not Sesame Street here. If we can't, as hardcore air race fans, be open and honest about chit, where are we headed? Sheesh. If nothing else, Wayne could use the traffic around here. Thats much more important to me than worrying about stepping on the toes of some "journalist" who spent ONE DAY at Reno.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
              X