Bob Hoover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hoover

I am hearing from multiple sources that Bob Hoover took his final flight West this morning. If true, the aviation world lost a one of a kind who can and will never be replaced.

I was privileged to have met and spent time with him.
    Attached Files

Re: Bob Hoover

jim,

i saw a post on another board but have not seen it on any of the mainstream aviation sites. please post an update when you have conformation. i know your sources are wide and reputable.
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

There are so many fond memories of Bob Hoover, they are all special.

- His status as a hero started for me after I read Chuck Yeager's book, I still chuckle at the things they did. And what about the antics at Poncho's :-)

- His years of entertaining the Reno Air Race crowd with his Shrike Commander routine - priceless.

- "Gentlemen, you have a race" him and Ole Yeller, what a pair. That litho hangs above my office desk and will forever be one of my cherished possessions.

Thank you Bob Hoover for a lifetime of memories, you brought smiles to everyone that met you - RIP

:

Last edited by Desertdawg; 10-26-2016, 04:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

"Gentleman, YOU have a race."

This is kicking my ass right now.

Comment

Was hoping it was a rumor...........
          I hope his passing was gentle, He will be greatly missed and I hope he is teaching angels energy management, 16 point rolls and how to pour Iced tea while doing a roll.................

Comment

Aero-News Network

ANN is deeply shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of aviation legend R.A. "Bob" Hoover, who was often referred to as a "pilot's pilot." Hoover passed away early in the morning on Tuesday in a hospital near his home in Rancho Palos Verdes in California. He was 94 years old.....
            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/201...ts-dead-at-94/

I'm thankful I had the opportunity to have my son meet Bob at Reno, and also get one of his autographed books for him also. Here's a picture of Kyle explaining to Bob how easy it was for Hellcat's to shoot down Zero's because of their lack of armor and self sealing fuel tanks

Comment

We have truly lost a great one today...

Comment

This IS a truly sad news.
                  I used to think he would always be in the aviation bussiness.
                  Now, I can bet he will be in every aviation event.

Comment

This is a huge loss. There will never be anyone that comes close. I feel privileged to have seen Bob perform over the years, start the races and guide in maydayed racers. It was great to see him at Reno every year.

When I saw him at his motorhome this year at Reno, a young couple wanted to have their picture taken with him. They told him that they are newlyweds. Bob replied "If I just got married I wouldn't be hanging around this air show". Still had his sense of humor.

Comment

Really sad news. Glad I got to see him fly, glad I got to shake his hand. Sorry we will not likely see his kind again. Blue skies sir.
                      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

As we pass through this life, we don't see to many living legends in person. Bob Hoover was a legend. RIP Mr. Hoover.

Comment

Simply the best.

Slightly hesitant to say that with so many incredible pilots that we have been privileged to watch over the years, but the fact that so many of them defer to Mr. Hoover, I feel safer to say.

Good finish sir. We were very lucky to watch and know you.

Comment

Sitting here watching the "Flying The Feathered Edge" DVD and raising a glass to The Best Pilot I Ever Saw... I've idolized Mr. Hoover since I saw his routine in the Mustang when I was 9 years old. Thank you, Sir!

Comment

Blue Skies & tailwinds Bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X