"Worlds first 1200ci V12" fired up on stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Worlds first 1200ci V12" fired up on stand

This was built for the Unlimited Hydroplanes as a new engine to bring back the thunder. They do mention about application for aircraft, cars etc. I believe the group is based out of San Diego. Not sure if this is a place to put this, but I always relate air racing and hydroplanes and modern air racing grew from the boats.

I cant find the original video, but here is the link to Facebook post on the "Worlds first 1200 CI V12" engine started at idle.
    Small step, but a good one. Still trying to find the original video link and the developer is Aardema Development.

Last edited by Ronbo; 10-20-2016, 12:27 PM. Reason: CC vs CI

Re: "Worlds first 1200cc V12" fired up on stand

Originally posted by Ronbo View Post
    This was built for the Unlimited Hydroplanes as a new engine to bring back the thunder. They do mention about application for aircraft, cars etc. I believe the group is based out of San Diego. Not sure if this is a place to put this, but I always relate air racing and hydroplanes and modern air racing grew from the boats.

I cant find the original video, but here is the link to Facebook post on the "Worlds first 1200cc V12" engine started at idle.
    Small step, but a good one. Still trying to find the original video link and the developer is Aardema Development.

https://www.facebook.com/H1Unlimited...6114110763557/
    need to fix that title, big difference between 1200 cc and 1200 CI
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3 View Post
      need to fix that title, big difference between 1200 cc and 1200 CI
      HUGE difference

Comment

HA! I must of had R/C models on the brain when I wrote that...LOL. thanks

Comment

Re: "Worlds first 1200ci V12" fired up on stand

I think there's a time limit to edit posts and titles unless moderator/admin...

Fixed...
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronbo View Post

I cant find the original video, but here is the link to Facebook post on the "Worlds first 1200 CI V12" engine started at idle.
            Absolutely the right place! This is sort of what a lot of folks have asked "why doesn't someone do this" isn't it? At 125k a pop, not really cheap, but the maker stresses longevity as one of the selling points. In other words, an engine DESIGNED to run at the power that it is used at, not an engine over stressed to get there and with very limited longevity.

I'd love to see this project succeed, even if only to bring back the thunder! If it could overlap into air racing, even cooler!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Imagine what a 1700 ci version could do...

Comment

Would seem possible given the ground up approach they are taking..

Anyone have a good link to the engine run? First link in the post goes to can't load page stuff
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Sweet, THANKS!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Interesting. Article mentions 3000hp

Random Air Blog

Comment

I don't see how at 60 inches unless it's turning 5,000 rpm.
                        Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                          I don't see how at 60 inches unless it's turning 5,000 rpm.
                          Chris...
                          6800rpm

Comment

Working...
                          X