For the Record - New Nemesis NXT Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Record - New Nemesis NXT Documentary

A new documentary about Jon Sharp and Team Nemesis NXT record setting attempts last year. Looks great and I can't wait for it to be released (hopefully soon). Follow the link for more info and a great trailer.

Sky Critter

Re: For the Record - New Nemesis NXT Documentary

Agreed, I want to watch it ASAP!! Looks so awesome!

Comment

Looks great!

I'm still questioning... What's the storyline of Relentless? Did they find their horsepower this year? Or still chasing gremlins? I know the airplane must be much faster than what we've seen this last few years.

Any word on other NXT's that may or may not try to run at Reno?

What's the long-term goals of Jon's NXT? Are they going to try to go even faster?

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
        Looks great!

I'm still questioning... What's the storyline of Relentless? Did they find their horsepower this year? Or still chasing gremlins? I know the airplane must be much faster than what we've seen this last few years.

Any word on other NXT's that may or may not try to run at Reno?

What's the long-term goals of Jon's NXT? Are they going to try to go even faster?

- Joseph
        Relentless wasn't running a turbo motor. Everyone in front of him was. I don't know if we'll see any others. There are at least one for sale, but no takers. The French team has another kit to replace the first "Big Frog" but no idea how far along it is. Jon's NXT is supposedly headed to the Smithsonian along side the Nemesis F1.

Comment

After one of the sport heats we talked to Kevin and told us that he still want's to sale Relentless and doesn't want to jeopardize the chance by putting on a turbo or more horse power.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            Relentless wasn't running a turbo motor. Everyone in front of him was. I don't know if we'll see any others. There are at least one for sale, but no takers. The French team has another kit to replace the first "Big Frog" but no idea how far along it is. Jon's NXT is supposedly headed to the Smithsonian along side the Nemesis F1.
            Fair enough.

But we're talking a purpose built racer with a giant oversized engine.. Running same speeds as a nearly stock WWII fighter replica with less cubes. (And I think the Thunder is about 500lbs heavier too.. ? )

Just my $.02.

I wonder if there's not enough pull from that little prop?

- Joseph
            Last edited by Idaho_cowpony; 10-03-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
              Fair enough.

But we're talking a purpose built racer with a giant oversized engine.. Running same speeds as a nearly stock WWII fighter replica with less cubes. (And I think the Thunder is about 500lbs heavier too.. ? )

Just my $.02.

I wonder if there's not enough pull from that little prop?

- Joseph
              That giant engine is only good for 400 HP or so in NA trim. Lavelle probably makes 650-700.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                Agreed, I want to watch it ASAP!! Looks so awesome!
                I'm replying to your message so that we might drag this important thread back on topic!

This kind of stuff is the life blood of the sport, all it takes is creative folks to take on the task and make it happen.

Aviation accomplishments have always had a bit of "show business" intertwined with the actual historic event.

From the few shots that the Wright Brothers managed to capture... to this amazing documentation!

BRAVO!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing this as well. Looks epic.

Will

Comment

Working...
                  X