Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dreamed a dream

I don't know what brought this on..

But I had a dream that I was visiting an aviation museum with Thom Richard. In the course of our discussions, we decided we needed a big name sponsor for Precious Metal. And the idea came to us; contact Rolls-Royce! Seriously!

Picture this;

First Thom would attempt to break the 3km Absolute Speed Record. (Successfully?)
    Then..Precious Metal is configured for cross-country travel, makes a full airshow tour during the summer. All airshow fans love to see the big contra rotating props. And a few 450mph passes would be enough to delight the casual airshow attendee. Eventually this tour would end in Reno, where the team swaps out the tour engine, for the race motor. She sports a fully polished fuselage, with stylish 'Precious Metal' insignia nose art and race number, with silver painted wings, with black accents. Maybe black race number. Big 'Rolls-Royce' name across the wings. She looks like a million bucks...

At least that's what I saw..

Feasible?

Rolls Royce could sponsor the worlds only Griffon Powered mustang, and potentially Absolute Speed Record holding aircraft. And display it nationwide. All for the cost of a handful of their cars.

After-all, there's A Rolls showroom/dealer in Vegas, and another in Bellevue, WA.

- Joseph

Re: I dreamed a dream

Joseph, I like the idea.. I wonder if Rolls Royce Aviation would be a better angle? On second thought, going after the car company would be great idea! I believe they are completely separate companies though... wonder if the car company could do anything with aviation?

I have some Rolls engine contacts (Aviation Heritage was always the aviation engine division sponsored) This might be a good draw for reinventing the Heritage Cup!

Sorry for rambling response...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X