Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual AAFO PHOTO CONTEST - RESULTS! -

The results are in!

I'll be honest, I had to guesstimate on categories for a couple.. As it was difficult to make out in some of the posts, which category each photo was intended for. We'll make it more clear next year!

Also, I had to dis-include a few photos, that didn't adhere to the rules.

I hope everyone had fun! I'll be sending private messages to the owners of the following photos, to claim your prize(s)!

Iphone / Device

1st Place - Fence Sence

2nd Place - Big_Jim

3rd Place - Big_Jim

Best Personality

1st Place - Desertdawg

2nd Place - Desertdawg

3rd Place - streamkeeper

Best Unedited

1st Place - RAD2LTR

2nd Place - L.E.D.

3rd Place - Leo

Best Edited

1st Place - W J Pearce

2nd Place - Fence Sence

3rd Place - RAD2LTR

Best Non Attendee go's to Neal (wingman) for editing this shot of Brad's!

Big thanks to all who participated! And congratulations to the winners! Don't forget to check your message box!

- Joseph

Re: 1st Annual AAFO PHOTO CONTEST - RESULTS! -

Very nice set of choices, Joseph. That had to be a Hell of a lot of work, as well as some real agonizing. There were a lot of excellent entries submitted.

So thanks for thinking of this, and thanks for making it happen.

Neal

Comment

It was my pleasure..

Now I'm adding up shipping costs of air race memorabilia going in 8 different directions! ha!

Hope everyone enjoyed it!

- Joseph

Comment

Joseph,

I think you deserve a big thank you from all of us here (members and lurkers). Stepping up to the plate and getting something like this started was cool.

AAFO Hanger is the place to be for "in the know" info.

Come Friday and beer thirty I'll hoist several in your honor.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-27-2016, 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Wow, there were a lot of good shots posted. Tough decisions for sure. Thanks for doing the contest.

Will

Comment

Hello Joseph,

I must say that your contest served as quite the inspiration for me to actually do something with my photos this year. I want to thank you for all the effort you put forth to make this contest happen. You truly did a fantastic job and I have greatly enjoyed the thread, all the other images, and all the continuing commentary.
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
              Very nice set of choices, Joseph. That had to be a Hell of a lot of work, as well as some real agonizing. There were a lot of excellent entries submitted.

So thanks for thinking of this, and thanks for making it happen.

Neal
              Boy oh Howdy Joseph! You really did a great thing here!

On your shipping costs, PM me, not fair you foot the bill on that!

Or call me, did I ever send you my phone number?

Napping early tonight!

Phone number PM'd
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wow! I'm truly honored to have my photos side by side with some really great photogs and some true legends within the sport. However, to win some stuff, I'm truly humbled. Thank you, Joseph!

This contest really inspired me to try and get some good images for no other other reason than to share them with the air race community. What great idea and, Joseph, your generosity is inspiring. Thank you so much for doing this. Gary Williams said something to me once and now I pass it on to you, air racing needs people like you. You the man.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I've got everyone's addresses now .. So I'm going to sort through the prizes and start mailing them out ASAP!

Thanks!
                  - Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                    Wow! I'm truly honored to have my photos side by side with some really great photogs and some true legends within the sport. However, to win some stuff, I'm truly humbled. Thank you, Joseph!

This contest really inspired me to try and get some good images for no other other reason than to share them with the air race community. What great idea and, Joseph, your generosity is inspiring. Thank you so much for doing this. Gary Williams said something to me once and now I pass it on to you, air racing needs people like you. You the man.
                    I have to agree with this quote wholeheartedly. It was looking at pics from Tim Adams, Victor Archer, Neal, and the rest of the well known photographers on here that made me want to up my game to their level. I've spent years looking at some of their work thinking "Now how on earth did they get that?" Through lots of trial and error, I'm slowly figuring out how, and at the same time developing my own style of pic. I'm thrilled to be able to post pics that are close to the level of the stuff they have shot. I'm also thrilled to be able to share my images with those who appreciate them. To have two of my shots make top 3 in their respective classes is a good feeling.

Thanks again.

Will

Comment

Likewise, I'm honored and humbled (and surprised!) to get one of my pictures picked. Usually I take pictures for documentation and for fun. With this contest, I thought it would be interesting to take up the challenge and pay a little more attention to my picture taking, which it was, and that made it even more fun. So thank you for adding to an already great Reno experience!

Comment

Idaho Cowpony said,

"I'll be honest, I had to guesstimate on categories for a couple.. As it was difficult to make out in some of the posts, which category each photo was intended for. We'll make it more clear next year!"

Ya, I should have gone back and re-read the contest format a few times. I was just kinda slappin' 'em up all willy nilly thinking I was just aiming for the iPhone category. Your listed format was kinda open to anything shot with anything. I should have been entering every category in the name of just posting pics. Of course now I really wish I would have posted all of 'em seeing as how that particular phone found the bottom of the lake the other day. I lost a bunch of photos.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                        X