Lancair Legacy(s) that are / are not Turbocharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lancair Legacy(s) that are / are not Turbocharged

Been following this build a bit over at the LOBO forums. I assume you intend to race it Tom?

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
      Been following this build a bit over at the LOBO forums. I assume you intend to race it Tom?

- Joseph
      Um... Yea, when do we get to see THAT rounding the pylons!?
      Sky Critter

Comment

Oh yeah, its a purpose built racer. Bare bones and a huge engine. (plus an autopilot, because I'm 1,400 miles from Reno, and always wanted one.. lol)

It's going to take a HUGE amount of work, but I'm shooting to have it racing next year. The engine is in the final phases at the engine shop right now, then it will need to be hung and the turbo systems mapped out. Lots of work..

Tom
        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Anyone have the scoop on this Super Legacy for sale? Says it's "turn key" and ready for Reno for $319k

Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
            Anyone have the scoop on this Super Legacy for sale? Says it's "turn key" and ready for Reno for $319k

http://www.controller.com/listings/a...r-super-legacy
            That plane was built in Andy Chiavetta's shop and flown through phase 1 by Elliot Seguin.

The above link has a reference to the airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
              Oh yeah, its a purpose built racer. Bare bones and a huge engine. (plus an autopilot, because I'm 1,400 miles from Reno, and always wanted one.. lol)

It's going to take a HUGE amount of work, but I'm shooting to have it racing next year. The engine is in the final phases at the engine shop right now, then it will need to be hung and the turbo systems mapped out. Lots of work..

Tom
              Sounds awesome! Wow!

You know, after designing Valin Thorn's award winning livery .. I'd love to get my hands dirty designing another ... Hint, hint.

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post

Tom
                That is awesome!
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                X