Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega 1/48 scale model

Hi all,
    This isn't my model but I wish it was: a very, very pretty 1/48 scale model of the Witch: http://www.arcair.com/Gal15/14001-15...onafin/00.shtm

Grab a beverage and enjoy the story and photos.
    Zac in NZ

Re: Strega 1/48 scale model

Interesting review. I have the same kit which I've looked over several times. Not the fault of the builder (well maybe) but one down side to the kit is that it has a stock P-51 radiator scoop. Also the fit of everything is poor even for a resin kit. He brought up a good point with the wings; you would be far better spending your money on a Tamiya kit with a Red Pegasus conversion kit for the t-deck. The building process would be so much more pleasant. I also wonder what decals he used? Draw Decal makes a set to go with this kit and I can't imagine they were used in this build. Draw decals are by far the strongest and thickest decals I've ever used, that doesn't fit with the review.

Comment

Contrails Models
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I've been looking at Red Pegasus' stuff a lot lately - have one of his sheets to represent a New Zealand civil Mustang - and it does look a good way to go. I didn't catch the radiator!
        Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZacYates View Post
          I've been looking at Red Pegasus' stuff a lot lately - have one of his sheets to represent a New Zealand civil Mustang - and it does look a good way to go. I didn't catch the radiator!
          Go to Red Pegasus for the conversion kit. He does have a lot of different (as in hard to find) decals as well. But Draw Decal is the way to go for Strega's markings. Draw Decals are far better than anything else out there.

Aircraft Type Shop By Type Airline Livery Shop by Airline Military / NASA Shop Mil/NASA Race Planes Shop Race Planes Firebombers Shop Firebombers Model Kits Shop Model Kits

Comment

Working...
          X