Biplanes Biplanes Biplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplanes Biplanes Biplanes

I know it's early for all the photogs to have all their edits completed, and there's a general pecking order to the classes that get posted first....but....I was hoping to see some awesome pics of the Biplane classes (both Silver and Gold).

Most importantly are pics of that sexy little #3 Pitts "Smokin' Hot" LOL (hey, I'm biased)

all the best!
    Sam Swift (#3 Smokin' Hot)
    Last edited by flyboycpa; 09-22-2016, 04:34 PM.
    Biplane Race #3

Re: Biplanes Biplanes Biplanes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Biplane-3-PittsSpecial-N2968G-160913Reno_0502-X2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	228359
    May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
      I know it's early for all the photogs to have all their edits completed, and there's a general pecking order to the classes that get posted first....but....I was hoping to see some awesome pics of the Biplane classes (both Silver and Gold).

Most importantly are pics of that sexy little #3 Pitts "Smokin' Hot" LOL (hey, I'm biased)

all the best!
      Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any close-ups that were sharp and in focus. Sorry. :-(
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post

all the best!
        Where's the "Like" button?

Comment

Nice looking airplane. Is that square tip wing a modified stock wing (clipped)? I've wondered that about those square tip wings.

Congratulations on running in the Gold groupings all week. That's quite an accomplishment. This was your first year?

Does the airplane have a racing history?

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Nice looking airplane. Is that square tip wing a modified stock wing (clipped)? I've wondered that about those square tip wings.

Congratulations on running in the Gold groupings all week. That's quite an accomplishment. This was your first year?

Does the airplane have a racing history?

Neal
            Formerly raced by George Andre as Zipitts, then Mike and Jake Stewart had it, then Casey raced it once, then on to Sam.

Comment

Thanks, Race5.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                Formerly raced by George Andre as Zipitts, then Mike and Jake Stewart had it, then Casey raced it once, then on to Sam.
                Neal,

Race5 beat me to it and he is correct. Prior to George Andre, this airplane was built up as a racer in 1988-1989 by Jim Smith & Del Schulte (sp?) and raced for a few years as #50 Humm Baby.

What is so ironically cool is that I was looking at a bunch of my old 35mm prints that I took back in 2000 (the first Reno I attended) and I actually have a picture of the plane that I now own!

All that being said, this airplane has a long history at Reno (18 years) and I'm honored to be #3's caretaker.

To answer your original question, this is my rookie year as a competitor and we were fortunate to qualify Gold at 203.21mph. There's a lot of fast competition for next year and I hope we can continue the Gold streak!

Thanks for the pics that have been posted, so far! I hope there are many more to come!

All the best,
                Sam Swift
                Biplane Race #3

Comment

Thanks, Sam. It turns out to be an airplane I've photographed a bit over the years...

Were you pleased with your own performance this year? What were your biggest surprises? I'm always interested in a rookie's experience -- what was most gratifying and what was most exciting. To be a rookie in a Gold class airplane must be quite something...

Neal

Comment

A few Bipes from Friday, pylon 2

- Joseph

Comment

And some action from the same race on Saturday.

- Joseph

Comment

"Ruby" (or, mis-identified in the program and race announcers as "Miss Ruby") before the landing owie after Saturday's race.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          "Ruby" (or, mis-identified in the program and race announcers as "Miss Ruby") before the landing owie after Saturday's race.
                          I'm glad Ruby still has her 'blue suede shoes'! Rest in Peace, Papa G
                          Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

A picture from the Gold Race

Name:	Biplane-GoldRace-160918Reno_0335-X2.jpg
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	228376

Comment

Sam,

If I read my metadata correctly, here you are finishing the Gold Race

Name:	Biplane-3-GoldRace-160918Reno_0376-X2.jpg
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	228380

Comment

Working...
                              X