Unlimited news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited news?

Just curious if anyone heard any additional information on some of the unlimited's that did not participate this year and if we should expect them back next year or if there might be any new planes. Specifically the Strega, Rare Bear, 232, or Miss Merced....I understand Strega is funding based but have not idea on any of the others except Woelbing wanting more T-6 time. Any input is appreciated-

Lastly, anyone have any information on this racer? Looks like quite the challenge to fly... http://www.barnstormers.com/classifi...ed+Racer+.html

Re: Unlimited news?

Rare Bear sat out this year due to personal issues with the owner. I'm not sure what the plans for 232 are. Someone at least hung and engine back on it this year so who knows. I think Strega will be a matter of funding, and Miss Merced is up to the owner being ready to race an unlimited rather than his T6 (that he did quite well in this year.) The same owner owns Furias. Precious Metal is being rebuilt, but I don't know the time frame for that job (I heard a rumor of 2018).

That homebuilt thing for sale has been around for years. It has been for sale for almost as long.

Will

**post has had minor edit for personal privacy**

Comment

There was a lot of potential this year but those plans fell through and we ended up with an extremely small field. Things should be better next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        Rare Bear sat out this year due to personal issues with the owner. I'm not sure what the plans for 232 are. Someone at least hung and engine back on it this year so who knows. I think Strega will be a matter of funding, and Miss Merced is up to the owner being ready to race an unlimited rather than his T6 (that he did quite well in this year.) The same owner owns Furias. Precious Metal is being rebuilt, but I don't know the time frame for that job (I heard a rumor of 2018).

That homebuilt thing for sale has been around for years. It has been for sale for almost as long.

Will

I've been watching that "home built thing" for several years, I noticed the pictures are updated and additional work has been completed on it, including induction systems on the engine and now shows a detailed view of the wing.

Comment

Will

Thank you for the input, about what I heard as well....Hopefully more potential next year!

Comment

232 is for sale
            (And actually so not "for sale" like most racers)

Comment

Will

While talking to one of the people selling Rare Bear gear in their booth, they mentioned that a custom blower and housing was being made up for Rare Bear, which, it is hoped will part of what helps to produce as they said, "Much higher speeds" and the plan was for Rare Bear to be racing next year. Hopefully they are in the know and it's true!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure what the plans for 232 are. Someone at least hung and engine back on it this year so who knows.
                That is the engine that blew up the last time it was raced. The airplane was left as it was and put up for sale.

Comment

...Rare Bear sat out this year due to Rod Lewis going through...
                  I've been lax in my responsibility to everyone involved here on the board to protect their privacy.

In year's past, it was truly priority one!

Again, I've been lax..

A couple of posts have been deleted due to the huge balloon quote above each response, each of which gets a search bot visit and subsequent link in their databases.

Let's all agree to keep things like family issues, and really personal chit like that off board..

OK?

**by edit** I did not delete any posts but changed part of one sentence out of respect to the family's privacy **
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

While I understand the need for personal privacy, this one is actually very public knowledge. http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...4f8ec7dffd779b

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                      Just curious if anyone heard any additional information on some of the unlimited's that did not participate this year and if we should expect them back next year or if there might be any new planes. Specifically the Strega, Rare Bear, 232, or Miss Merced....I understand Strega is funding based but have not idea on any of the others except Woelbing wanting more T-6 time. Any input is appreciated-

Lastly, anyone have any information on this racer? Looks like quite the challenge to fly... http://www.barnstormers.com/classifi...ed+Racer+.html
                      I am no aero-rocket scientist.............. but I am thinking that home built racer needs a larger/taller vertical!

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
                        While I understand the need for personal privacy, this one is actually very public knowledge. http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...4f8ec7dffd779b

Jarrod
                        Hey thanks Captain Obvious! We just don't want to discuss that stuff here, can I have your permission to ask for this consideration?

Do you like it when the racers pop in here once in a while?

I do...

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X