Sport Class Photos Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Class Photos Wanted

I built and maintain the website for the Sport Class. In an attempt to keep it fresh, I wanted to reach out to any photographers who would be willing to share some of their amazing photos. If so, I can create a gallery of just your content, a community gallery of sorts, or whatever you guys may want to share. Totally up to you.

The immediate goal is to try and find a photo of this years Gold winner, Race #39 Jeff LaVelle, to use on our homepage. I have a previous years photo, but I like to keep things current.

I just finished updating our results page, for those that are interested.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share. Thanks
    ~Tom McNerney, Unleashed #55
    Unleashed Air Racing

Re: Sport Class Photos Wanted

I'd be happy to share mine. Let me get through them however. Its going to take some time. I think I've got some good stuff.

Will

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Will. Maybe, just maybe, we can get people to leave Facebook for 5 minutes. haha I expect it will take everyone some time to get home and dig through it all.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

I'd be happy to share mine as well. I'm in the same boat as Will though; need to finish going through them all first

Comment

I have some. These are low-resolution, but if you want higher, send me a pm and I can get them to you. I have a lot more of various racers...yours included.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good there, Brad. Give you a few years and you could get good at this photography thing...

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
              Looking good there, Brad. Give you a few years and you could get good at this photography thing...
              About the time they come out with the iPhone 9, right? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                I have some. These are low-resolution, but if you want higher, send me a pm and I can get them to you. I have a lot more of various racers...yours included.
                Awesome! I'll send a PM now. Thanks!
                Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Hey Brad -- will the iPhone 9 have a pylon straightener?

Comment

Thanks to Big_Jim for the photos. Got the first gallery posted, albeit I had to edit them down some to be web friendly.

http://www.sportclass.com/portfolio/...t-brad-haskin/
                    Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Here are a few. More in the works.

Will

Comment

Here are some of mine from the start of the Gold Race

And the Pace Plane

Originals here:https://kennsmithf2g.smugmug.com/Air...port-Gold-Race
                        Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 09-30-2016, 04:10 PM.
                        May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

That's all I have on this computer for now.

Will

Comment

Tom, love what you guys are doing, CURSE that I did not get by to spend more time with you!

Here's one, I have a few more, the shift in how we were cycled through the pylons in the AM caused my old brain to fart and not catch that on the early bus, you only got the EARLY stuff, bus came in, you had to re board mid am to get back out for the rest of the AM stuff.. did not get this! But managed at least a couple sessions...

This is at first glance, my best shot of you... Downslzed here for the server, I will provide whatever size you wish with whatever brand you want do not want!

On the unselfish path that you are on, I also have as many good shots that I managed on my two pylon sessions at your disposal. I'm working on sifting through them now..

Again, thank you for what you and your group are doing for the sport!

Attached Files
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Very nice there, Wayne. It shows up on my monitor quite dark, though, with no detail of Tom in the cockpit at all. Is your monitor calibrated? Just for the heck of it I played with your shot in Adobe Camera Raw and came up with a very nice different rendition even from your small jpeg, with considerable detail in Tom's face and helmet and nice detail in the landscape reflected in the canopy. The detail is there, and the shot is really sharp. I'd love to see what you could do with that image with some work. That D4 will hold enormous detail in the shadows -- some work with local adjustments can pull it right out and make a real difference in the final result...

Neal
                              Last edited by wingman; 10-01-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X