• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D500 at Reno

Shot with Tamron 150-500 at 420mm, 1/500, ISO-160, f9

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      You're very welcome. By the way, have we met? I've enjoyed your posts, and found them extremely helpful in understanding some of the things that happened at Reno.

Thanks for the discussion of your Nikon .........of testing of a new lens before using it under fire. I like to know just what I'm going to be dealing with.

After a lot of trial and error years ago I've come turn off image stabilisation (VR on Nikon lenses) for almost all photography of moving subjects, and especially for pylon work. It's a real Godsend for static subjects in uncertain light, but I did much better on the pylons without it.

Thanks again for all the information on Reno 2016.

Neal
      Yes, we have met a number of times. My first years as media were your last couple of years out shooting. I came in for IF 1 under Lista and contributed to the Formula Forum. In addition, I contributed to the PM Facebook page and started the PM website. I also contributed to the Hot Stuff FB page when it was getting set up. Now, I am the new editor as she moves on to other interests. I suppose the easiest way to get an idea who I am is to look at the IF 1 website, head to the back issues of the Forum and look for me as Randolph, the editor. This year was eventful and positive as a learning experience. To boot, my 9-5 job had a small booth announcing our work towards returning the fabled Lake Renegade seaplane back into production.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
        Shot with Tamron 150-500 at 420mm, 1/500, ISO-160, f9
        Nice photo, and I like the note on the door. A lovely touch.
        Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
          Yes, we have met a number of times. My first years as media were your last couple of years out shooting. I came in for IF 1 under Lista and contributed to the Formula Forum. In addition, I contributed to the PM Facebook page and started the PM website. I also contributed to the Hot Stuff FB page when it was getting set up. Now, I am the new editor as she moves on to other interests. I suppose the easiest way to get an idea who I am is to look at the IF 1 website, head to the back issues of the Forum and look for me as Randolph, the editor. This year was eventful and positive as a learning experience. To boot, my 9-5 job had a small booth announcing our work towards returning the fabled Lake Renegade seaplane back into production.
          Randolph,
          I wasn't sure if you posted here or not. It was nice to meet you and talk with you on the bus out to pylon 8 in the morning. If you can use any of my IF1 shots when I get them done, let me know.

Will

Comment

Working...
          X