Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

But all the rest of us spend boatloads of cash -- why not you??

Comment

Cuz I'm cheap! I had a great Minolta, awesome lenses, took a BUNCH of great slides. Technology passed me by... Still have it all but nobody interested in film anymore. Kinda like my records, books, 8-tracks, (I even have an 8-track recorder...),cassettes, just fossils.
      I'm looking into a cart for next year, hoping some connections will make it possible and I will afford it if available. I found that I can no longer walk and stand, in the sun, for 8-10 hours, 8 days straight, and not suffer some pretty painful consequences.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        Cuz I'm cheap! I had a great Minolta, awesome lenses, took a BUNCH of great slides. Technology passed me by... Still have it all but nobody interested in film anymore. Kinda like my records, books, 8-tracks, (I even have an 8-track recorder...),cassettes, just fossils.
        I'm looking into a cart for next year, hoping some connections will make it possible and I will afford it if available. I found that I can no longer walk and stand, in the sun, for 8-10 hours, 8 days straight, and not suffer some pretty painful consequences.
        But do you have a 4-trac? I've bought more records this year that I have the last 20. Hip hip hooray for quality audio!

Anyways, this pic is special to me. Three generations of FenceLiners. My father wasn't able to make it last year due to heavy chemo/radiation therapy and my son just turned 2yo so, although this is his 3rd Air Races, this was the first time he really got to hang with the boys all week.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-23-2016, 04:09 PM.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Now that's cool! All the best to your dad and many more years to come.

Comment

Thanks Reever! Much appreciated.

Comment

I'm down to 2 generations. My father in law went from 1988 to 2011, has not been back since the crash (though he says that is NOT the reason). Now it's just the kid, his girlfriend and I. Unfortunately he works out there now and air race week is extremely busy for him so we spend little time together. His girlfriend, however, is a total gearhead so I have a partner in crime.
              I do miss the "group" we used to have though.
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Yes, I basically shot panoramic all week. My wife thinks this one looks like a reflection.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  I was practically trying to give my surplus D2H and a tamron... can't remember but I think it's something like 70-300 not a great lens but...

Sucker does not have that large of an MP output but you have to remember, the chip is ALMOST a full 35mm.. (dx crop factor).

Wish I would have known you needed something to play with, you might still have it in your hands! There's a great shot I took of Voodoo with it, back somewhere in the archives, also, everything I shot at Tunica was with it. Anybody want a really great but obsolete digital body, 8gb card and the lens, make me an offer that you can't refuse.. LOL Cameras don't need to sit in the trunk of my car competing for space with the rest of the crap that winds up back there, it should be taking pictures!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PM me...
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

It's a fine professional camera. Heavy, though. Great for pit work and such, but does not cut it out on the pylons.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                        It's a fine professional camera. Heavy, though. Great for pit work and such, but does not cut it out on the pylons.

Neal
                        BULL$HIT! What it does NOT do is compare well with today's DSLR's. It was a camera designed specifically for shooting sports... Neal, do I have to dig out my work with it to prove you wrong?

I can also dig out stuff I shot with my original D1, including an almost double truck that was used in the CC fund that Jim Wright donated a lot of his estate to...

Was a GREAT camera, in its day for pylon work. You just have to not put in any adjustments until AFTER you run it through Genuine Fractals or, something more modern and likely better.

Gheesh!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ha! Like I'll ever get out there again!
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

I took a few panoramas as well, with the 200-500mm

Comment

How you do that (panos)??
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Lightroom CC has an amazing Panorama auto merge function. The gold race is 4 photos, the silver 6 and Czech is 2.
                                Prior to it being added to Lightroom I did the same thing in Photoshop but it was 4+ hours of work, now its only a minute.
                                Last edited by CJAM427; 09-23-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X