Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

One of these people isnt like the other. He doesnt have a memory card in his camera.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-Reno-P51D-NL51YZ-NACA-160914Reno_0046-L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	228356
      May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        Nice Chris -- and love the beer lady. I'd buy a beer from her!
        Wow, that beer must be REALLY cold!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Wow, that beer must be REALLY cold!
          Or the smell of air racing is an unknown aphrodisiac. Either way.....

Comment

Jr. Helmet hair.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
              Jr. Helmet hair.
              That is a great portrait Mr. Adams!
              "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Will
                Last edited by RAD2LTR; 09-23-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Not the kind of night runs you usually see, but this crew was very welcoming.

Same night (Friday), the Blues were pulling an all-nighter to install a new engine in one of the #7 jets.

Last edited by CJAM427; 09-23-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

A few pit shots.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      Nice Chris -- and love the beer lady. I'd buy a beer from her!

You have blurs in your shots -- any idea why?
                      I must have something on the lens of my point and shoot...probably drool!

Comment

LOL...

Comment

I have one in every shot. we finally determined it is dirt on the sensor. Unfortunately there is no way for me to clean the sensor on the FinePix I have, according to everything I can find on-line about it. It's right above the prop blade in this shot...
                          Attached Files
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                            I have one in every shot. we finally determined it is dirt on the sensor. Unfortunately there is no way for me to clean the sensor on the FinePix I have, according to everything I can find on-line about it. It's right above the prop blade in this shot...
                            That's a bummer that you don't have access to the chip to clean it! AND, that the spot is SO big! In this particular shot, you could, fairly easily, clone it out, but that sucker is BIG.

Which model of FinePix to you have?

PS... sorry we didn't encounter each other this year!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It's an S5100. Basically a glorified point and shoot but has a lot of versatility if you use all the features, a great zoom. It does not do well at slow shutter speeds and the mult-frame function lags a bit so panning is awkward but without spending a boat-load of cash it is good.
                              We tried removing the SD card and shooting air into it, no luck. We even tried setting it on a vibratory sander to jog it loose, no luck. It mat have to go to a shop. I am looking at a friends used Rebel so the point is moot but my wife bought it for me and does not understand why I would need a new camera for a little spot...
                              I looked but never saw ya!
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                It's an S5100. Basically a glorified point and shoot but has a lot of versatility if you use all the features, a great zoom. It does not do well at slow shutter speeds and the mult-frame function lags a bit so panning is awkward but without spending a boat-load of cash it is good.
                                We tried removing the SD card and shooting air into it, no luck. We even tried setting it on a vibratory sander to jog it loose, no luck. It mat have to go to a shop. I am looking at a friends used Rebel so the point is moot but my wife bought it for me and does not understand why I would need a new camera for a little spot...
                                I looked but never saw ya!
                                Wonder if they offer a send it in for cleaning option?? My P&S is my Samsung S5 active LOL!! Amazingly good BTW!

I tend to get very mission focused and, sometimes, reasonably well, medicated when at Reno, past 3-4 years, I can't handle walking the ramp much and have been getting around on carts.. I think we used to always meet up at the Mueller compound across from Strega pit but this year, I got there too late for that..

Next year!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X