Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

Will
    Last edited by RAD2LTR; 09-21-2016, 06:29 AM.

Re: 2016 Photos, no contest, no worries, just photos. Post em up!

Great photo's,all of them. Czech Mate shot highlights the main wing spar.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Taken from the Pits.
      May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g View Post

Taken from the Pits.
        In that pic, Hot Stuff looks kinda like a tiny tribute to Super Corsair.

Comment

Originally posted by 88SC View Post
          In that pic, Hot Stuff looks kinda like a tiny tribute to Super Corsair.
          I was thing more of Neal Loving's Love with the way the wheels are in the inverted gull wing. It eliminates the landing gear.
          Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 09-21-2016, 07:33 PM.
          May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g View Post
            I was thing more of Neal Loving's Love with the way the wheels are in the inverted gull wing. It eliminates the landing gear.
            Yes, the Love had to be the real influence. I like that design feature a lot. Do you know if the tires are doing all of shock absorption duties, or is there some sort of spring/link or snubbing system?

Comment

The main gear rides in a link.

Comment

I'll start with just one haha

I thought Joel Swager did a great job flying Argo, I took this one after the Sunday Gold

Comment

Voodoo from the hillside on Saturday

Comment

The Argo shot is very nice....

Did you intend for the orange in the Voodoo shots to be quite that saturated? I find it kind of dominates the shot. They sure are sharp, though.

I'm not sure I like the hill as much as you guys do -- I think it could be really good at 9 am, but that's not when the big dogs are flying. I see you and Will both struggling a bit with the combination of backlight and distance to subject. I do like the panned background a lot, though. Did you try the fence on the other side of the course at all?

I'm glad you started posting. I've been looking forward to your stuff.

Neal
                    Last edited by wingman; 09-22-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      The Argo shot is very nice....

Did you intend for the orange in the Voodoo shots to be quite that saturated? I find it kind of dominates the shot. They sure are sharp, though.

I'm not sure I like the hill as much as you guys do -- I think it could be really good at 9 am, but that's not when the big dogs are flying. I see you and Will both struggling a bit with the combination of backlight and distance to subject. I do like the panned background a lot, though. Did you try the fence on the other side of the course at all?

I'm glad you started posting. I've been looking forward to your stuff.

Neal
                      Thank you, Neal!

Yes, I actually backed it off a bit I always err on the side of more saturation than less. Part of what made me dive into learning photography was that I was never happy with the lack of saturation my point and shoot captured. In this case I like the orange as it is a huge part of what Voodoo is to me; way over the top in every way (in a good way). Just what my artistic eye sees.

The back light for the gold race is downright awful, but the different view offsets that I think. Photography aside I very much enjoyed watching from the hillside; amazing view, no announcers, no crowd and the sound is incredible out there.

Comment

The one awesome thing about the back light there is that you get to see Dreadnought's spraybar trail really well.

Attached Files

Comment

Stupid tire....

New racing class!

"Hey, you are blockin' my view!"

Comment

Now both of those really work! (I'm referring to Connor's Dread shots. I typed too slow).

The Voodoo shots make more sense with you explaining them. I just have a conservative streak -- goes with being old. Just be careful with saturation -- it can be overdone. Always think about your intended audience, too. "Over the topness" that works for you and your friends may not play with an older audience, for instance. I'd be interested in other AAFOer"s reaction to those shots.

I am not arguing against your presentation at all, Connor. This is your chance to present how you want...

Neal
                            Last edited by wingman; 09-22-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Nice Chris -- and love the beer lady. I'd buy a beer from her!

You have blurs in your shots -- any idea why?
                              Last edited by wingman; 09-22-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X