Czech Mate Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech Mate Driver

So, first year for James Consalvi - First impressions anyone?

I thought this take-off was a little dramatic.

- Joseph

Re: Czech Mate Driver

When did these guys stop being called pilots?

Comment

Did a good job flying an airplane that's an extreme challenge to fly from my understanding. His landing on Friday was a little exciting, I definitely puckered up. -I got a great picture of him talking to LD after that while he was still in the cockpit. I'd like to know from his opinion if landing Czech is harderthan a night carrier landing haha.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
        Did a good job flying an airplane that's an extreme challenge to fly from my understanding. His landing on Friday was a little exciting, I definitely puckered up. -I got a great picture of him talking to LD after that while he was still in the cockpit. I'd like to know from his opinion if landing Czech is harderthan a night carrier landing haha.
        After Saturday's race he was talking to some people and he said racing that plane had him "shell shocked" LOL

Friday's take off and landing had me scared, Sunday in the wind was the total opposite, AMAZING flying from take off to landing!
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

He did a great job flying that complete beast of an unstable little airplane.

Comment

That's a great shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
              So, first year for James Consalvi - First impressions anyone?

I thought this take-off was a little dramatic.

- Joseph
              ALL of his takeoff's were dramatic high fpm events. Likely, like the bear, if you simply climb out, you quickly exceed gear speed, so the high angle of attack is to match everything up to achieve good gear retract. James was REALLY good at showing the full effect of this technique!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We talked to him about landing the airplane, the struts are fixed. So landing would be a challenge for any pilot, with no give in the gear to take the punishment of the weight of the aircraft.

Comment

His landing after the Gold race was about as smooth as could be.

Comment

He looked quite relieved after that landing

Comment

Working...
                    X