This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yak-11 race 92

Thanks for the background, Dusty. A lot there I didn't know or had forgotten. I remember now your relationship with the revered Mr. Falck. I've read a lot over the years of his battles with Cote as Ray worked out going fast in Shoestring. What I've never heard about was you knowing both Tom Cassutt AND Steve Wittman. What a set of teachers! Those guys invented the whole concept of winning races by hard work and attention to detail (and attention to lightness!) rather than by just applying lots of money. I can see more now how you ended up with the skills you have.

Please do come back and talk some more...

Neal
    Last edited by wingman; 10-10-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I love reading these stories! Fantastic stuff, looking forward to your next installment!

Comment

SORRY GUYS........I SPENT AN HOUR ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS AND HIT "PREVIEW POST" AND LOST EVERYTHING. ANYBODY KNOW WHY??
        WILL HAVE ANOTHER RUN AT IT TOMORROW NIGHT. GOTTA SPRAY GRASSHOPPERS IN THE MORNING AND TIME TO HIT THE HAY......
        DUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
          SORRY GUYS........I SPENT AN HOUR ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS AND HIT "PREVIEW POST" AND LOST EVERYTHING. ANYBODY KNOW WHY??
          WILL HAVE ANOTHER RUN AT IT TOMORROW NIGHT. GOTTA SPRAY GRASSHOPPERS IN THE MORNING AND TIME TO HIT THE HAY......
          DUSTY
          Hey Dusty, I too absolutely LOVE reading your stuff!

I apologize for you losing your post, I've had that happen too, more than once! Both here and in emails, etc..

In this particular case, not sure what happened but when you preview the post, it will show you what the post will look like in the "fold" before you.. you have to scroll down to get back to the editable version and then push the post/publish button. If you go away from the page thinking that it's published, it's gone.. DON'T feel bad! I own and manage this board's software, I'm completely aware of how it works and I've done the exact same thing well more than once!!!!!

So happy to have you here Dusty!!!!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Dusty Dowd Yak-11 race 92

As a dyed-in-the-wool Yak-11 fanatic I am LOVING this thread. Thank you very much Dusty for dropping in and sharing your experience. I will be waiting patiently (or not!) for your next installment. Anything you want to share in regards to racing in general and the Yak in particular will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

And thanks to Wayne for such a great board!

PS - Regarding the loss of your last post, I have had the same happen many times. Not necessarily here at AAFO but on various boards that I frequent. It has reached the point that any time I compose a long reply I will copy and paste it to a Word document before hitting the "Post" button. That way I have a back up just in case the worst happens.
            Last edited by Chad Veich; 10-12-2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Heres some nice pics on Ezell's website

Since Rare Bear was hibernating this year, we went to Kansas in August to help Dusty Dowd get ready for the Races.  Congratulations Dusty Dowd, and crew for the 1st place Silver finish. 

Comment

Not trying to de-rail the thread so I will be quick, but looking at all the pics on Ezell's site, their work is simply flawless!!! So amazing seeing their attention to detail and metal work!
                "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Ok, I spent ANOTHER hour typing last night and hit "post" and it's not
                  Come up. ???

Comment

Dusty............once you have a post typed, you can click the right mouse button in the box where you typed and it will bring up a small list..........the bottom one says "select all" and it will select all the text.

Right click again on the blued text and you will have the option to "copy"............but don't hit any letters once it is blued or it will disappear..........just the right mouse button to bring up the options.

This will save the text in your memory.

If you post and it disappears, you can come back to the topic and click "reply" again.

Once you are in, you can right click in the empty space and you will get the option to "paste".

Your text should reappear.

It's best not to preview if it gives problems but to simply click "submit reply" since you can edit it afterward to correct any mistakes.
                    Last edited by IcePaq; 10-29-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information in these threads. I loved watching the Yak-11 #92 last year, it was great to see! (from a fans point of view) Hope to see the crew ad plane this year. Reno 2017.

all the best,

Ron

Comment

just a few of my photos and one by my dad Shawn
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X