Some of My Images for a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some of My Images for a change

Wayne recently got a D4. The big D series cameras have always been among the very best sports bodies in each generation. I used a D3 for most of my aviation work from about 2008 on, and was always blown away by its capabilities. The D3 was a breakthrough camera, and brought a lot of Canon-using pros over to Nikon because it was far better in many ways than any Canons of the time. Wayne's D4 is even better, with a few more pixels to boot. These are magnificent camera bodies, in the hands of those who know how to use them.

They are really expensive, though, and really heavy and bulky -- not a camera for hiking...

Neal

Comment

Ah yes, awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        They are really expensive, though, and really heavy and bulky -- not a camera for hiking...
        Since going to heavy bodies in 2000 (with the first of the DSLR series D1), I've really never shot "light" bodies and when I've tried, they just don't fit my hands at all. I was blessed/cursed with long fingers, had a hard time gripping small pencils as a kid, still do! They weight of the body and lens also damp small hand tremors freeing up the stabilization process to the camera, and the eye BODY coordination with the pass... I agree that shot is just about as good as can be for the situation but, MUCH of it is luck of timing, I follow subject as best I can, press 10fps shutter and try to visualize the focus pipper being completely one with the subject... sometimes the shutter clicks just as that happens for 1/10 of a second and, bingo. Nice that the 9 other frames to get one don't cost a thing!

And THIS is where this type of camera totally pays for itself. I've spent 1000's on camera bodies over the past, almost 20 years and I bet if I did the math, I'd be money ahead due to no film cost and processing fees (SUBSTANTIAL if I remember correctly)

I accept very graciously the kind comments on my photography, I've not shared it much over the decade past... This year, I change this and share SHARE SHARE
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Another lucky thing about that shot is it is pretty much a backlit shot, I had spot metering set and as you can see, the desert behind me reflecting actually lights the down light side of the subject... natures fill flash!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Wayne recently got a D4. The big D series cameras have always been among the very best sports bodies in each generation. I used a D3 for most of my aviation work from about 2008 on, and was always blown away by its capabilities. The D3 was a breakthrough camera, and brought a lot of Canon-using pros over to Nikon because it was far better in many ways than any Canons of the time. Wayne's D4 is even better, with a few more pixels to boot. These are magnificent camera bodies, in the hands of those who know how to use them.

Neal
            I remember when I thought I was big time when I upgraded my Minolta SRT-101 for a Minolta XGM.
            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
              I remember when I thought I was big time when I upgraded my Minolta SRT-101 for a Minolta XGM.
              LOL... let's remember, I bought a refurbished unit, just about half price, it WILL be the last body I can ever justify purchasing. I will be paying off the Cc debt for a while yet. But.. I don't see too many fellow shooters with one.
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X