Any Internet Live Stream This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Internet Live Stream This Year?

I am really behind the power curve, is there any live feed this year?
    Thanks
    Robbie
    (Stuck In Atlanta)
    Fly Fast Make Noise!

Re: Any Internet Live Stream This Year?

See the thread by invader28 from a few days ago.

There's no official stream this year but several people are streaming on Facebook and Periscope. I have 20 tabs open in my browser and using 2+ idevices monitoring Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Flightradar24, and LiveATC, YouTube...

This was way easier a few years ago with a couple full event streams...or that year we could pay per view a stream...

Comment

Reno Air Racing Association showed the Gold F1 race live on their Facebook page a few minutes ago. Hopefully they'll do the rest of the races as well! So far, not much other coverage. Still, much better than finding out who won from the Feb. '17 issue of Air Classics!

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
        Regards
        Robbie
        Fly Fast Make Noise!

Comment

Reno Air Racing Association showing the jet race live on their Facebook page.

Comment

Sawbones Air Racing: https://www.facebook.com/Sawbones-Air-181184835272127/
            Random Air Blog

Comment

Did the RARA feed show the start of the IF1 Gold? I've heard there was a takeoff incident that kept two prominent competitors out of the Race. Decent live coverage like we've had in the past would have made a lot of stuff clearer both today and for the historical record. I'm afraid there will be an awful lot of Reno 2016 stories that will never be told. Keep in mind that even Air Classics covers only Unlimited. They will have nothing about the backstories in Formula 1, or T-6 (yesterday's Gold heat was vey interesting, but we'll never know what all happened) or any of the rest.

No live feed coverage is a real shame...

Neal

Comment

I'm listening to LiveATC. There was an incident, both pilots are ok. No specifics were given.

Race 29

Comment

Sawbones Facebook page is saying they will be live at 15:00 PST with the pilots introduction and the Gold Race.

Race 29

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                    I'm listening to LiveATC. There was an incident, both pilots are ok. No specifics were given.

Race 29
                    Briefly, a plane ran into another after the race and chopped some tail feathers.

Comment

That's pretty much what I'm hearing -- airframe damage but no injuries. Two of the coolest airplanes in the field, though, and we'll never know if Steve could have caught Lowell at Reno 2016.

I'm just glad no one was hurt and I hope damage is repairable. They are both unique aircraft -- you can't just go down to NAPA auto parts and get stuff to fix them...

Neal

Comment

FYI: If you go to the facebook live map, zoom to Reno and anyone streaming live will pop up as dots on the map and pictures in the left panel. hold your mouse over any dot or pic to see live vid. Click to go watch it.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I didn't even know about that feature!

Race 29

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your input, & I just hope next year, I might could get there!
                            Take Care!
                            Robbie
                            Fly Fast Make Noise!

Comment

I figured this would be up in much more detail by now.. During the racehorse start for the IF1 Gold Final Race on Sunday, Thom Richard's airplane lost power and was subsequently overrun by Elliot Seguin <forgive me if I'm misspelling names!> The overtaking airplane was substantially more damaged than the overtaken.

Oddly enough, there are a number of IF'I's that were being crated for overseas shipment for the next International race, both incident planes were on that list.

As of putting my camera away (pictures later) Thom's airplane was disassembled, wrapped, crated and stuffed into a cargo container. SOFT details are that repairs will be made "over there" once shipment is complete... Stay Tuned!

Actually, I'm just being overwhelmed by fatigue and can't muster the energy to break out the cards and find the shots.
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X