Sunday Gold - Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Gold - Prediction

Ok, I know with Strega not here, the Bear over slept hibernation, Voodoo would seem like a easy win.

Thats no fun, I like underdawgs. So, in the spirit for Sunday gold excitement, I will cheer for them all, as usual.

But, my beer money will be on Czech Mate.

Re: Sunday Gold - Prediction

Czech Mate? Good luck with that! Hope springs eternal. I was hoping for another increase in speed from them this year but I just don't see it happening. Barring a mechanical problem, and let's be honest, they're not even pushing after the first two laps, Voodoo's gonna take home the top prize.

Comment

Give the little Yak his due! Go CM!

Comment

Let's not forget what CM is capable of, and that is putting the Buick behind it. No small feat. Solid second place is my bet!

GP

Comment

I am curious what is the fastest Czech Mate has gone?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            I am curious what is the fastest Czech Mate has gone?
            High 470s but that was with the better prop. High 460s with the prop that it has on it now.

Comment

Didn't it run in the 470s a few years ago? I could be wrong. I don't know if that was on the present course or not either. That's still 20+ MPH short of what the super mustangs are capable of. I'm hoping they've got more in the tank, but I think they would have shown a little something by now. It sure would be cool to see Czech Mate lead Voodoo down the chute tomorrow though, wouldn't it?

Comment

I wish bad luck on no one. But it sure would be cool to see CM get the GOLD. Dawg, the shot of CM landing is awesome!
                Last edited by Reever; 09-17-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

That CM shot is spectacular, DD. Taking off, though, isn't it? I assume the airplane has flaps.

That shot should be in the contest. I love the blurred background -- that really makes the shot.

Comment

Here ya go, Dawg...

Let's see Speedy's telephone match this.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by wingman; 09-17-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

It feels really bizarre somehow to be looking at these speeds -- thinking well, there's no competition so I'll relax, run at 460 and make it look like a race. Seems like just yesterday that a dominant Dreadnaught held the qual record at 452 mph and Mustangs were s#*t. Then a Gold Race where Brickert ran "Jihad Power" in Stew Dawson's terms hoping to break Strega. He went 450 and Tiger went 452. The earth moved!

Now it seems like the top two can almost casually dial in 450, 460, 470, and for Voodoo up to at least 490 plus. (I certainly know it's not easy or casual, but they can do it at will and pretty reliably).

It's all pretty amazing for an old guy who thought 425 mph was truly mind blowing when he started all this.

Go Steve! (I'm still a Mustang guy)

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                        Here ya go, Dawg...

Let's see Speedy's telephone match this.
                        Thank you young man, looks great.

Just remembered I better get the Nikon battery on the charger for today.

Comment

(I'm still a Mustang guy)

Neal

So is this guy

Comment

It feels really bizarre somehow to be looking at these speeds -- thinking well, there's no competition so I'll relax, run at 460 and make it look like a race. Seems like just yesterday that a dominant Dreadnaught held the qual record at 452 mph and Mustangs were s#*t. Then a Gold Race where Brickert ran "Jihad Power" in Stew Dawson's terms hoping to break Strega. He went 450 and Tiger went 452. The earth moved!

Now it seems like the top two can almost casually dial in 450, 460, 470, and for Voodoo up to at least 490 plus. (I certainly know it's not easy or casual, but they can do it at will and pretty reliably).

It's all pretty amazing for an old guy who thought 425 mph was truly mind blowing when he started all this.

Go Steve! (I'm still a Mustang guy)

Neal
                            I remember the first year Strega was able to beat Dreadnaught(1987?), running in the 460s I believe. Pretty surprising back then. To run 490 + around the present "short" course is truely amazing!

Comment

What time is the Gold Race today? I'm on the road and not able to be on the net.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X