Really quiet around here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Really quiet around here...

Yeah, I think the races to watch for serious racing will be Formula 1 and maybe the T-6 Gold. I'm still wondering who protested who in the fast T-6 Heat today. The race results were quite surprising, and really close. Those guys were Racing!

Here's hoping for some close, safe racing for all (and sounds to stir the soul)...

I still wanna see pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      So aafo is working, it's just that AAFOers are not. Do they think they're in Reno just to watch airplanes and have fun?
      Neal... I truly don't think you ever appreciated the effort that is involved with shooting photos all day and then attempting to publish something the same day.

Over the years, we've had the luxury here of benefiting from the advancement in technology to where anyone with a good phone can upload right from the site... and a lot of folks have really bent over backwards over the past years to do so.

Do you remember when I used to pay a significant fee to the local phone company to get a "high speed" net connection into Parker's hangar? Do you remember when everyone else was sleeping, that I went out to the old press shack, hooked up via AOL or some other dialup connection and processed wrote and uploaded content?

I think you might be a bit tongue in cheek here and I sincerely hope so, otherwise, get your ass down here, shoot the photos, get the news and post it yourself~!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Down, boy! I certainly was joking. It's a Hell of a lot easier to sit up here with a beer and complain than be down there in the sun doing it. I did it for 37 years -- and just the photography and socializing , not the reporting. I know how hard it is. I'd hope the jokes show through!

Plus, you weren't even planning to go as of a week ago. Relax, get out and enjoy the show. I don't think anybody expects daily reports from you. We have dozens of AAFOers for that. Those young dudes'll be running around all over the place -- let them report. They can cover a lot more ground than us old farts anyway...

In addition, some of those guys are on their way to being better photogs (and, eventually reporters) than we are. They're younger, stronger, steadier and work harder (than me anyway). The equipment now is a heck of a lot better (and cheaper) than anything we used to have. I can't wait to see what Connor and Will and Joseph and the rest come up with. I think we'll be impressed. I hope so, anyway.

Neal
        Last edited by wingman; 09-17-2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          Down, boy! I certainly was joking. It's a Hell of a lot easier to sit up here with a beer and complain than be down there in the sun doing it. I did it for 37 years -- and just the photography and socializing , not the reporting. I know how hard it is. I'd hope the jokes show through!

Plus, you weren't even planning to go as of a week ago. Relax, get out and enjoy the show. I don't think anybody expects daily reports from you. We have dozens of AAFOers for that. Those young dudes'll be running around all over the place -- let them report. They can cover a lot more ground than us old farts anyway...

In addition, some of those guys are on their way to being better photogs (and, eventually reporters) than we are. They're younger, stronger, steadier and work harder (than me anyway). The equipment now is a heck of a lot better (and cheaper) than anything we used to have. I can't wait to see what Connor and Will and Joseph and the rest come up with. I think we'll be impressed. I hope so, anyway.

Neal

hahahaha! I got the joke. Yes- it has been VERY busy. I've seen Wayne only once so far during the whole of the event. I was awake at 4:00 am, and just got back from the IF 1 banquet (which was AWESOME!). In addition, I now shoot only in RAW (OK, actually "NEFF"),so everything takes at least a little post production.

The Sport Bonfire pilot, by the way, was a Japanese woman. There was some fear for her safety as it seemed to take her forever to get the canopy open. The plane was a total loss. There was also a small issue with firetrucks rolled for El Bandito in IF 1 (I think I got the right plane name...). Think it turned out to be unhappy brakes. The aircraft is fine.

BIG NEWS IN IF 1- This afternoon "El Bandito" was sold to new owners....the grandkids of the original builders!!!! They were both at the banquet and have been around the hangar much of the week. I refuse to guess their names, as I have a really bad track record for that this week. The original builders received an appreciation award from the class.

IF 1 has been on fire with excitment in the hangar. There is heavy traffic most of the day, with teams going out of their way to invite interested people into the group. When I am not taking photos, I spend my breaks doing the same thing in the hangar. Sport also seems to have large numbers, but aren't going out of their way to talk and invite. I have worn MANY hats this past week, most rather unexpectedly. Hopefully I can get at least some photos out in a week or so after I get back to my 9-5 gig.

Yes- the excitement has been in IF 1, Bipe and Sport at so many levels. It is sad to see old time press leaving well before the Unlimited event already knowing what the results will be.....and having the new press seemingly unaware of the history of Unlimiteds.

Race on!

Comment

Working...
          X