Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 33 Qualification and Emergency Landing Video

Hey Guys,

Here is the video from Monday's qualifying run and emergency landing in #Race33.

It was a long hard push to get the airplane to Reno and this was an unfortunate end to the racing season. We have started the process of investigating what happened to cause the failure, but more importantly we have started the process of preparing the airplane for a triumphant return next year.

Thanks for all the support.

Elliot Seguin
    661-754-5288

Re: Race 33 Qualification and Emergency Landing Video

Elliot,

Very intense sequence of events there young man.

Nerves of steel required to handle a mayday and successful landing like that.

Thank you for sharing that video.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Elliot. The in cockpit view is a lot scarier than it looks from the ground, and it gives us fans a real sense of what a pilot is dealing with when things go really sour.

I was really impressed with how quickly the fire response was there.

You were flying a really beautiful line around the course. I was really looking forward to you running this year in a seriously competitive airplane -- it was gonna be fun to watch. Now the wait for next year...

Neal

Comment

Nice landing! We're all bummed you're out for the year but I'm sure excited to see you're already making plans for next year.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          Those guys are on it! I'm always impressed how they are on the scene before the actual scene is in its final location.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post

Neal
            X 2 Impressed with fast response.

Comment

Elliot,

Do you have checklist for mayday processes/steps you reference?

Hans

Comment

Great video! Thanks for posting! I'm looking forward to following your progress in the "off" season, and seeing you charge hard next year! I'm glad you're safe!

Great response from the emergency crews! Eddie Andrini (sp) could have used them!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I was really sorry to hear about your year being done, but glad you made it down safely. This is one of the best mayday videos I have seen (I am sure that is not the compliment you were hoping for this year!) thanks to the subtitles. Admittedly I am never sure of what all the cockpit sequences are. That was informative.

Had to laugh at "Is that just a garden hose"?
                  And paraphrased...
                  E: "Is that just water"
                  FF: "No it has some retardant..."
                  E: "Then stop..."

Sorry you are out for 2016. Will be pulling for you guys again in 2017.
                  ~Jim

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support and the kind words.

If you are around the grounds please stop by and talk airplanes!!

Elliot
                    661-754-5288

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                      Elliot,

Do you have checklist for mayday processes/steps you reference?

Hans
                      For the 3km with 44 the procedures in general were much more dialed in, unfortunately because of the "race systems" we are testing on 33 these procedures are still being developed. That being said, the hard work that was done to figure these systems out on 44 are what gave me the confidence to attempt to tackle a gorilla like race 33.

Thank you for the question!!

Comment

Elliot, Thank you for being one of the best spokesman for this sport! Your ability to involve all of the fans (of which I am one!) in your efforts is amazing!

Super disappointed for you and the team! My Motel 6 bandwidth is not sufficient to watch the video

Keep up the good work! I LOVE your reports!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
                          Hey Guys,

Here is the video from Monday's qualifying run and emergency landing in #Race33.

It was a long hard push to get the airplane to Reno and this was an unfortunate end to the racing season. We have started the process of investigating what happened to cause the failure, but more importantly we have started the process of preparing the airplane for a triumphant return next year.

Thanks for all the support.

Elliot Seguin
                          661-754-5288
                          Holy Carp! I finally managed to download and watch this with my Motel 6 connection... amazing! Did it keep running? It sounded like you were getting some power right up till shutdown... NOISY power... was that just the airflow driving the prop?

Again, thanks for putting us in the drivers seat for an extremely exciting view of what you do!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Holy Carp! I finally managed to download and watch this with my Motel 6 connection... amazing! Did it keep running? It sounded like you were getting some power right up till shutdown... NOISY power... was that just the airflow driving the prop?

Again, thanks for putting us in the drivers seat for an extremely exciting view of what you do!
                            Thank you Wayne!!

The propeller was windmilling, and I am glad it was, the drag from the propeller probably cut the time it took to get the airplane back on the ground in half, which was my priority after I saw smoke in the cockpit.

Thank you again for all that you do!

Elliot

Comment

Good to see you made it down safe! Any news on 44?
                              Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X