Blue Angel Number 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angel Number 7

Channel 4 in Reno is reporting that Blue Angel Number 7 blew a tire and had a small fire. Apparently everybody safe. Does anyone out at Stead have further details?
    Last edited by nevadasky; 09-14-2016, 05:37 PM.

Re: Blue Angel Number 7

They shut down the runway and canceled the final t6 race of the day. I didn't see it from where I was but you could see activity on the runway.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Was it a takeoff or Landing incident? I've seen a similar thing happen on an F-4 on a rejected takeoff. It was very dramatic.
      Last edited by nevadasky; 09-14-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

It was on landing.

Comment

Wheel froze and blew tire on landing- hence the need to fix it on the spot on the main runway....

Comment

Here is the landing.

Later, they sent this rig down

Attached Files
            May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Wow... better than being there! Good work!!!!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One more from my iphone 6pos+ during the airfield shut down. All things considered, they handled it pretty quickly in my opinion.

Race 29
                Attached Files
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

It looks like the guy in the third frame, whose head is barely in the picture as he exits a vehicle, is the same guy who's driving the forklift later. He appears to not have noticed the the ongoing incident yet when he first appears in the sequence.

Comment

today they appear to be disassembling Blue Angel #2 after the practice show. One of the ground crew appeared to be pounding on a screwdriver with a hammer to get something loose in the right wing. A whole lot of ground crew working on an issue with the left wing. Pictures still be down-loaded from camera. As of right now, after a lot of shuffling around, both Blue Angel #7 (there are -2- of them there) are in the line-up, while 3&4 sit parked further up the ramp.
                    May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Left main gear brake locked up and tire blew out resulting a wheel/tire fire. Plane flew today (Thursday) and the brake locked again on rollout. Pilot must have been ready for it and got off the brakes saving a repeat of yesterday's outcome.

Number one had an issue before taxiing out for this afternoon's practice. Small gaggle of tech's gathered around the left side nose area for several minutes working on something in the nose bay.

Comment

Those airplanes are usually very reliable. Seems like a lot of issues this year so far.

Neal

Comment

Well, they will be going to the E's and F's pretty soon. C's and D's are getting up there.
                          Last edited by Reever; 09-15-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

No 7 is the back-up, promotional ride-along two seater plane (as seen in the pic's), so whomever that was that was along for the promo flight got some extra excitement!
                            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                              No 7 is the back-up, promotional ride-along two seater plane (as seen in the pic's), so whomever that was that was along for the promo flight got some extra excitement!
                              In regard to No 7, today it took off with the original six with a passenger in the back seat. Into the routine the Diamond was missing the forth member. Next thing I look and one of the Blues is landing on 14. A few minutes later another Blues takes off to the west if I recall. Seeing these issues doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the program.

The program schedule referenced a practice session today. By my observation the performance wasn't very crisp and tight. Did anybody see it differently?

Comment

Working...
                              X