Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Qualifying

3 on the board so far...

1 8 Sanders, Brian El Dorado Hills, CA TMK 20 Sea Fury Dreadnought 01:06.086 440.432
    2 14 Maloney, John Wildomar, CA P-51A Mustang Mrs. Virginia 01:21.752 356.032
    3 92 Dowd, John "Dusty", Jr. Syracuse, KS Yak-11 Lylia 01:24.897 342.843

Good to see Dread back in the 440's...and quite nice speeds from the "Dusty" and from the A-model Mustang
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Unlimited Qualifying

Dreadnaught appeared to mayday after his run. Landed safely, shut down, then after a few minutes taxied back to the pits under his own power. Don't know any more details, but at least they're in the show.

Comment

Is Dread running the tall tail again? I haven't seen any pictures that showed it close enough to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
        Is Dread running the tall tail again? I haven't seen any pictures that showed it close enough to tell.
        Here you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Here you go.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22249[/ATTACH]
          You're the man Dawg!!

Looks like the stock "short" tail

Comment

What about 5 & 86? We had the 5 in the 475 range and I think (dqmot) 86 around 430. 86 put a lot of laps in. The 5, just the two.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I am sure everyone has already seen the results but:

1 5 Hinton, Steven Chino, CA P-51D Mustang Voodoo 01:01.273 475.027
              2 86 Consalvi, James Midland, TX Yak-11 Czech Mate 01:05.537 444.121
              3 8 Sanders, Brian El Dorado Hills, CA TMK 20 Sea Fury Dreadnought 01:06.086 440.432

I noticed that Wee Willy II hasn't qualified yet. Run out of time today? Also I see that Tiger is on there as a pilot. Is he back up for Czech Mate?
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Never mind, looks like Tiger is an alternate for Czech Mate.
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Patterson had a hydraulic problem right after takeoff (as in zero pressure) and returned for landing. Perhaps they can get a time posted in tomorrow's final session.
                  Sky Critter

Comment

As of right now, Wee Willy II is serving as the safety plane. Speedball Alice isn't here this year. The tail wheel issue on WWII was fixed and Rob took her up in the 4o session. after most of the unlimiteds had landed, Rob brought WWII on to the course with Dreadnaught staying up high as a safety. Rob did about 4 laps and never called for the clock.

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I wonder when the last Reno was that Speedball (or Million Dollar Baby) was not in attendance. It and Lady Jo have been Reno fixtures for a very long time.

Times are changing...

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                        I wonder when the last Reno was that Speedball (or Million Dollar Baby) was not in attendance. It and Lady Jo have been Reno fixtures for a very long time.

Times are changing...
                        Neither were there in 2013
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Or 2014 either, as far as I can tell. Looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about, once again. Sorry about that, and thanks for the correction...

Note to myself: Step 1: Look up, Step 2: Think, Step 3: Then post.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                            Or 2014 either, as far as I can tell. Looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about, once again. Sorry about that, and thanks for the correction...

Note to myself: Step 1: Look up, Step 2: Think, Step 3: Then post.

Neal
                            Never let the facts get in the way of a good conversation.

Comment

LOL...

Comment

Working...
                              X