Biplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplanes

Does anybody know why Tom Aberle is not racing this year?

Bipes could be a real catfight without Tom, and a lot more at stake for the other fast guys who in other years had to just watch Tom recede into the distance.

Re: Biplanes

Tom released a statement a while back saying they were standing down this year but would be back for 2017. Didn't give any other info.
    Sky Critter

Comment

Thank you -- I hadn't seen that.

Comment

I think he was just busy at work.
        Chris...

Comment

Always better money coming in than money going out -- and Racing is always money going out...

Comment

he seems to skip it every few years if my memory serves me correctly. Bipes class isnt the same without him in both good and bad ways.

Comment

Great character. I don't know him well, but have been around him quite a bit and he really is unique. He can shake tobacco onto a cigarette paper and roll a cigarette in a 25 mph wind, cowboy style. I used to sometimes hang around him during Biplane qualifying just to see him do that.

He is one of the great Racers of all time. An underappreciated genius at both building and flying.

Neal

Comment

Last year the night before the Gold final he felt poorly and may have fainted (can't remember exactly). he removed himself from the final for safety's sake. Think he was dehydrated or something Perhaps he wasn't feeling up to it. e seems very level headed every time have spoken to him, so I wonder if between work/ prep and everything else he wasn't up to it and is being safe?

Comment

Jeff Rose putting in laps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H79CipN_Fog
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X