Czech Mate vs Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech Mate vs Voodoo

Assuming both are healthy come Sunday afternoon, how hard can Czech Mate realistically push Voodoo? Looking back at their qualifying and race speeds, it seems obvious that Voodoo should have a fairly easy time of it this year. I believe I saw a post not too long ago stating that CM has had a lap speed of 480'ish but, I haven't been able to find it. If CM can do that this year, would it be enough to keep it interesting or is 480 a "Sunday stroll" for Voodoo?
    Sky Critter

Re: Czech Mate vs Voodoo

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
    Assuming both are healthy come Sunday afternoon, how hard can Czech Mate realistically push Voodoo? Looking back at their qualifying and race speeds, it seems obvious that Voodoo should have a fairly easy time of it this year. I believe I saw a post not too long ago stating that CM has had a lap speed of 480'ish but, I haven't been able to find it. If CM can do that this year, would it be enough to keep it interesting or is 480 a "Sunday stroll" for Voodoo?
    It all depends. LD didn't have to focus on Strega this year so Czech has to be the healthiest it's ever been. Smoot has experience but Jay has the "young gun" attitude and might have a better race line. Also if you remember in 2014 when it was pretty much Czech vs. Voodoo, Czech made some quick time on Voodoo when Stevo started slackin. I don't see it being a runaway by any means
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

It also depends on how well sorted Voodoo is . They didn't go real fast last year, and there were cooling issues as well as the obvious engine issues. This year the airplane flew well at PRS, and should have had plenty of time to test, refine, and calibrate. If Voodoo is on its game #86 certainly cannot stay with her. If Voodoo has cooling problems and has trouble staying cool for a whole race, then things change. My money would absolutely be on Voodoo, but it will be interesting to watch...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        It also depends on how well sorted Voodoo is . They didn't go real fast last year, and there were cooling issues as well as the obvious engine issues. This year the airplane flew well at PRS, and should have had plenty of time to test, refine, and calibrate. If Voodoo is on its game #86 certainly cannot stay with her. If Voodoo has cooling problems and has trouble staying cool for a whole race, then things change. My money would absolutely be on Voodoo, but it will be interesting to watch...

Neal
        don't forget that the buick is there to keep them both honest!
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Maybe if Voodoo had a ferry engine it would be a close race. Czech Mate might have a hard time just staying out of Dreadnought's wake being that they didn't fly last year and they have a new pilot this year.

All that said, I hope they surprise me and it is a race to the finish!
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Maybe if Voodoo had a ferry engine it would be a close race. Czech Mate might have a hard time just staying out of Dreadnought's wake being that they didn't fly last year and they have a new pilot this year.

All that said, I hope they surprise me and it is a race to the finish!
            CM has finished ahead of Dread every time they've met since '07. In '14 CM was about 40 mph faster. I don't think that's where the race is this year unless Consalvi has been told to run conservative numbers (which very well may be).
            Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
            X