God Speed! Coast Guard "person in water search" in my back yard right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Speed! Coast Guard "person in water search" in my back yard right now

I'm fortunate to live on a bluff above the Pacific Coast in Seaview Wasshington, between Long Beach and Ilwaco, Washington... as I write this there is an active search going on for a missing person, or as US Coast Guard told me, "Person in Water"...

I wish both the rescuers and the possible victim good will and success!

We love out Coast Guard up here!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: God Speed! Coast Guard "person in water search" in my back yard right now

Things change fast.. as of now, it appears it might have been a false alarm.. this is not uncommon up here and when it happens, it risks many people's lives..

If you know someone who is thinking about how interesting it might be to call in a false report to any kind of authority, TELL THEM DON'T DO IT!!

I know this is waaay but since I'm in complete awe of the Coast Guard people, whether on, in, above the water, or anywhere they can help, these dedicated people are ON IT!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I saw a documentary about Coast Guard helicopter crews in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. "Heroic" is a term that doesn't begin to describe their efforts.

Kevin

Comment

I was in Long Beach Last week, It was not a false report. A 12 yr old girl was caught in the surf and drowned, The body was recovered next day. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BillFrancis View Post
          I was in Long Beach Last week, It was not a false report. A 12 yr old girl was caught in the surf and drowned, The body was recovered next day. Sad.
          That's sad! I'd only heard that it was a boyfriend girlfriend swimming at 10:00 or so and that the search had been called off on assumption she was lost.

Very sad to hear that she was so young! This is probably one of the worst places in the world to swim due to the currents, drop-offs and water temperature!

Thanks for the update!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X