Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Sport Class Synopsis

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
    I think it's time the Sport Gold gets it's own "duck walk" on Sunday afternoon.

Great post!
    Totally agree! I think some technical explanation of some of the systems the Gold airplanes are using would also interest the fans.
    Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

We had been asked a few times last year why we use the L-39, so that is why I wrote the article for our website. I tried to keep it simple, yet explain the purpose. Hope it made sense that way.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

The battle between the Legacy's #33 #30 and #44 in my mind is going to be all kinds of epic!

It is possible that those three, Blue Thunder, and Relentless push the Glasair to breaking point?

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
          The battle between the Legacy's #33 #30 and #44 in my mind is going to be all kinds of epic!

It is possible that those three, Blue Thunder, and Relentless push the Glasair to breaking point?

Don't forget Race 8! But yes, that is a possibility
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

You could easily exceed 1000 in.³ by having more than one engine.
            If someone designed a plane with a push pull configuration using two turbocharged TIO-580s you could have some serious horsepower.

On an aside, my airplane is fully prepped and we depart for Reno in a couple of days.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
              Totally agree! I think some technical explanation of some of the systems the Gold airplanes are using would also interest the fans.
              Speaking as a fan, I would love to hear this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
                just as long as the explanation DIDNT come from the announcer clowns... then yeah it would be a great thing!
                Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Race 8 View Post
                  You could easily exceed 1000 in.³ by having more than one engine.
                  If someone designed a plane with a push pull configuration using two turbocharged TIO-580s you could have some serious horsepower.

On an aside, my airplane is fully prepped and we depart for Reno in a couple of days.

Dave
                  Exactly. Two turbocharged Continental IO-470s* would fit within current rules (so would a push-pull 470/520 combo).

Good luck, Dave and thanks for the reply (above).

*Or Lyc 480s.

Comment

I'm so far behind on details this year, I'm just thankful that we have the quality of posts we have...

This is getting EXCITING!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X