I'm excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm excited!

I know there has been some doom & gloom over the races and particularly the unlimited field (or lack thereof) and no Heritage Trophy, but I am way excited to head to the races this year! I love the Blue Angels and the last time I saw them was at Reno so that's a plus too!

I'm at the point where I'm checking this site as well as the other one just about every hour to see if there is anything new posted.

Great friends, cold beer, and the sound of airplanes (and jets) circling the course; what else could a fella want? Add the concerts and great weather and I don't know of another place I'd wanna be!

The next four weeks can't come fast enough!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: I'm excited!

"airplanes (and jets) "

Well put

Comment

I agree, nicely said.

Comment

Looking forward to this year as well, it will be the 16th year for me and it is always something special.

While this year will no doubt be different with Breitling no longer present, the National Aviation Heritage static displays on hiatus and the thin Unlimited field, hopefully it will be the start to the next chapter of NCAR. Really looking forward to IF1 and Sport Class. Also very interested to see how the post-racing concerts will go too.

Comment

Not excited yet. Which is outside of the norm for me. Last few years have sucked a lot of the anticipatory excitement out of it for me.

Im more excited to for the vacation aspect of it than the SEEING AIRPLANES RACING thing that used to get me juiced.

But, I'm jaded and spoiled. It will be a good time I'm sure, but for me, the magic is gone. Guess 35 years will do that to you.

Comment

Working...
          X