Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Info Needed: Society of Air Race Photographers Challenge Coins

Hello Nick, and good to see you here.

Thanks for posting this. I was unsure how much to say online. It's good to see the story of the coins online. I treasure our coins. That's quite a list of photographers and friends there.

I was pleased to hear that the Racing Mustangs book will finally be published and released next spring?

Check your private messages.

Neal Nurmi

Comment

I feel like we've been blessed with some sort of presence ..

Thanks Nick!

Comment

Thank you sir for the information.

They will not be going anywhere else...........they have already been placed in the showcase.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
          I was handed a Challenge Coin, on a few occasions as well. Each by well respected air race historians, and gentlemen. I believe I also have all three that you mention. I'm surprised that someone put them up on e-bay. Unfortunate. But sounds like they are in better hands!

Best regard!
          - Joseph

I am very surprrise to here this i have several i always look forward to getting one i think its an honer to have it reading the requirments is if you sell it you will be beaten to a pulp that statment stays with me

Shawn

Comment

Very cool tradition. The rest of us get to enjoy the fruits of photographers efforts on here every day.
            Thanks to all of you that bring us precious air racing images.

GP

Comment

Jack,

Thanks for starting a very informative post. Learned something new and AAFO Hanger Talk another great new member.

Comment

Very sorry someone broke the rules , but am very honored to have them in my collection.

As a press photographer from 1993-2013 (cannot attend any longer due to health reasons) I never knew anything about them.

I would be interested in sponsoring one though. Just need some info on it.

Jack

Comment

I am honored to receive one of these coins this year. I was scared to death that I'd lose it somehow. I will treasure it and any others that come my way for as long as I am around.

Will

Comment

So is this a reproduction ? eBay says brand new ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAVAL-AVIATI...0AAOSw9r1WC0Ne

Comment

That is a good question, it looks legit. hard to say however. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have will chime in.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                        So is this a reproduction ? eBay says brand new ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAVAL-AVIATI...0AAOSw9r1WC0Ne
                        There are 3 or 4 of those on eBay right now, some located in Bejing, China. Repops for sure.

Comment

I was able to obtain 2 of the 2011 coins off Ebay. One is from NJ and the other OH.

If anyone is interested in trading for a different year, let me know.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                          X