Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep Hoping............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep Hoping............................

Ever time I click on to this website, I hope to see a new posting stating the Strega and/or Rare Bear will be at the 2016 Races..............sure wish someone would make this come true. I was at Stead a few weeks ago and could see a little bit of the Bear in it's cave. Will Rod Lewis be at the air races with anything this year?
    By the way, when does RARA usually post the list of participants?
    Brian

Re: I keep Hoping............................

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    Ever time I click on to this website, I hope to see a new posting stating the Strega and/or Rare Bear will be at the 2016 Races..............sure wish someone would make this come true. I was at Stead a few weeks ago and could see a little bit of the Bear in it's cave. Will Rod Lewis be at the air races with anything this year?
    Brian
    I'm with you but beyond hoping for that as I know it won't be happening. Strega is declared to be in hibernation and the clock has pretty much ran out for Bear to have an engine ready in time (unless it's one of the best kept secrets in a loooooong time, which I imagine still would've been leaked by now)

My hopes are in a different places now, I hope Voodoo and CM make it to Reno together and to Sunday together. I hope all the stockers like Boise Bee, Sneak Attack, (Chino's A Model Mustang..?) all end up attending and make for some really good racing. I hope some surprises actually come true, especially Spirit of Texas, Goldfinger, and Race 57 in attendance even if they don't race.

I hope all of these potential hot rod sport racers make it to Sunday to put on an awesome show with some realllllly fast racing.

I hope the jet class gives us one of the craziest duals of the year like it sure did in 2015.

I hope Reno 2016 proves to be one of the most attended air races in years because of the Blue Angels, new concerts, and some of the new rookies having fans and friends from their home towns.

I hope it's just as safe as last year with very few if any major mayday's and or damage to any of the racers.

And finally I hope it's just a really fun and amazing event just as it has proven to be year after year after year.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Brian
      Rod is not bringing anything. The entry list is usually up by now, but with only 9 unlimiteds I'm sure they are going to wait until much closer to the races to post them.

Comment

Yea I'm sorry both are out for 2016 , nothing is going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          Rod is not bringing anything. The entry list is usually up by now, but with only 9 unlimiteds I'm sure they are going to wait until much closer to the races to post them.
          There's gonna be more planes than last year... It's only Strega and Bear out not the whole field.... A handful of stockers are racing
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Wow, with only 9 unlimiteds to start the week before attrition hits, will there be only one unlimited race on Sunday? How many race in Sunday's Gold - seven?

Comment

Are you sure there's only going to be 9 unlimited's? or is that just a guess?

Comment

Are you sure there's only going to be 9 unlimited's? or is that just a guess?
                Oh I hope that's wrong. That would be dismal.

Comment

Voodoo, Czech Mate, Sawbones, Dreadnought, Argonaut, 924, Two Yak 11s, Boise Bee, Sneak Attack, Chino's A model, any word on whether the Rebel or Grim Reaper are running? The gold race might be a bit of a sleeper, but the silver could be pretty fantastic. If Spirit of Texas comes out that would be cool as well. I think Dusty and the other Yak 11 will make for a good battle. The Mustangs in the group are going to have to work to keep up with the Yaks I think. Its too bad that the unlimited field will be small this year, but I think there will be a lot of good racing in all the other classes.

The show isn't looking all that impressive this year. I'm still going to show up and support the races in hopes that next year they will get their stuff sorted out and bring back the Heritage display, and the racers that don't come this year will return next year. Heck, perhaps next year we will get some more new ones as well.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                    Voodoo, Czech Mate, Sawbones, Dreadnought, Argonaut, 924, Two Yak 11s, Boise Bee, Sneak Attack, Chino's A model, any word on whether the Rebel or Grim Reaper are running? The gold race might be a bit of a sleeper, but the silver could be pretty fantastic. If Spirit of Texas comes out that would be cool as well. I think Dusty and the other Yak 11 will make for a good battle. The Mustangs in the group are going to have to work to keep up with the Yaks I think. Its too bad that the unlimited field will be small this year, but I think there will be a lot of good racing in all the other classes.

The show isn't looking all that impressive this year. I'm still going to show up and support the races in hopes that next year they will get their stuff sorted out and bring back the Heritage display, and the racers that don't come this year will return next year. Heck, perhaps next year we will get some more new ones as well.

Will
                    The nine are:
                    Voodoo
                    Czech Mate
                    Dread
                    Argo
                    Sawbones
                    Dusty Dowd's Yak
                    Sparky
                    Rebel

The other two Yaks are out due to a recent tragedy. P-51A most likely flying cover, not racing.

Comment

So the silver will be 2 or maybe 3 airplanes depending on how they split things up? Or will the Gold be 5 airplanes?

Anybody know why The Warhawk Museum decided to participate, given the prize money situation? And why is John Curtiss Paul not racing his family's airplanes?

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                        So the silver will be 2 or maybe 3 airplanes depending on how they split things up? Or will the Gold be 5 airplanes?

Anybody know why The Warhawk Museum decided to participate, given the prize money situation? And why is John Curtiss Paul not racing his family's airplanes?

Neal
                        It's my understanding that they have pulled out.

Comment

Really? That would leave 7 racers. One race a day? One real contender which is 25 mph faster than second place?

Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                            Really? That would leave 7 racers. One race a day? One real contender which is 25 mph faster than second place?

Interesting...
                            Nine without them, eleven if they show

Voodoo
                            Czech
                            Dread
                            Argo
                            Sawbones
                            Rebel
                            Sparky
                            Dusty Dowd's Yak.

We'll most likely be back to a repeat of 2014 where two days had no unlimited heats.

Comment

Sorry -- I misread your other post, and thought they were included in the nine...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X