Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not exactly Air Racing .. - Starhawk Lancair Legacy

Hey!

I just wanted to share something that I thought was way too cool ..

Last year, I was hired to develop a livery design for a highly modified Lancair Legacy. (non-racer). The owner/builder Valin Thorn and I worked through several months, preparing the scheme in 3D, via modern rendering tools and Microsoft Flight Simulator. We finally settled on a one-of a kind design!

The results speak for themselves!

Valin just won Grand Champion kit built at Oshkosh! Plus a handful of other awards, including design and innovation. You should see the modern cockpit he developed in this thing! He calls it Starhawk, and maybe we'll see it displayed at Reno at some point.

The Sim version:

(Being able to mock-up every design change in a 3d environment was a giant benefit! We went through multiple concepts, and changes, before completion)

At Oshkosh last week:

- Joseph

Re: Not exactly Air Racing .. - Starhawk Lancair Legacy

Sweet! I walked around it at Oshkosh and picked up on a few of the differences. The canopy was closed and I couldn't see inside very well. I'd be interested to see the cockpit arrangement and what changes he made. I'm building a Super Legacy right now that will hopefully be racing in 2017. It won't be a show winner, but maybe a Gold contender anyway.. I always follow my cardinal rule: cheat first. So if there are any good ideas, I'd love to see them! ~Tom
    Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Tom. I believe you're e member over at LOBO. Check out the Legacy forum. The OSH16 post is right up at the top, and Valin show's some better interior shots! It's radical.

- Joseph

Comment

Bitchin paint! Looks awesome.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          Bitchin paint! Looks awesome.
          Would be a local favorite - Silver and Blue colors of the Wolfpack :-)

Go Pack Go

Comment

Working...
          X