Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Expert Advise on 500mm Lense Set-up

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I got a rare opportunity to shoot a small forest fire last night.
    Will
    All of it fantastic, the head on stuff is just bomb!!!

:

worship:
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

LOL... to this day, I can not get the board to stop replacing certain words with images of the words.. like "bomb"

but I'll try to make it quick!

Why we did that way back when google ads first started, they are "contextual" so they grab subject matter and a program tries to match the words on the page to the subject of the ad..

What happened was..

This was before they had really developed the algorithms to make this work seamlessly..

So, there's a story in a big city newspaper somewhere in the Midwest I think, where a baby died in a fire.. the paper had "contextual" google ads setup..

At that time there was a new product from a CD drive company for a new very fast CD writer.. otherwise known as "burners"..

The theme of the ad campaign was "BURN BABY BURN"..

I don't have to tell you what happened and it was in very poor taste and appalling to many!

You had to immediately do a replace thing, or any message that had any part of that word in it would wind up banned from getting ads...

Anyway, a NOT funny... "funny" as in... strange.. story..

/

Returning the thread back on TOPIC
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        I got a rare opportunity to shoot a small forest fire last night. 6 air tankers were on the fire as well as 2 UH1s. I had a fantastic vantage point, about a mile and a half due south of the fire. I think the pics will say all that is needed about this lens.

Will
        I Love these pics, they are freaking awesome, i love the Bae 146 tankers
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I even got a shot published by the local paper. http://napavalleyregister.com/news/l...98c1e18e2.html

I'm still processing all the pics I shot monday evening, I'm almost done. I'll post a link to the album when I get everything done and posted.

Will

Comment

Working...
          X