Wingman Quiz 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingman Quiz 2

OK kids -- Here's another one. Name the year, the planes, and the players.

Brad can pipe up after noon PDT on Wednesday if nobody gets it before then. I will actually be a bit surprised if anybody gets this one...

Neal
    Attached Files

Re: Wingman Quiz 2

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    OK kids -- Here's another one. Name the year, the planes, and the players.

Brad can pipe up after noon PDT on Wednesday if nobody gets it before then. I will actually be a bit surprised if anybody gets this one...

Neal
    I started going in 2000 so I never know any of these lol but Rare Bear, Voodoo Chile, and Risky Business!!! That's all I know
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

That's quite a bit, considering you weren't there!

Comment

Im guessing 96, Race 55 wasnt race 55 very long, and 97 Tiger raced her in bare metal before morphing into race 5 Voodoo, and Risky last raced in 98.
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Has it really been almost 20 years since Risky last raced?? I think I must be getting old! I would have guessed half that.

You're pretty close, but not quite there. Remember that there were races in other places besides Reno during that time period.

Neal

Comment

This was taken at the same event:
            Attached Files

Comment

It looks to be Phoenix in 1995. John Penney in Rare Bear, Delbert Williams in Voodoo Chile and Bill Rheinschild in Risky Business.

Comment

Looks like you're just under the Deadline -- Speedy loses out again. Yes, that was indeed the Gold Race at Phoenix 1995. It was actually a very enjoyable Race, whatever the unhappy financial aftermath. Getting the Bear there was quite the adventure, as I remember.

Comment

Risky never looked better than all wet in Phoenix '95.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                    Has it really been almost 20 years since Risky last raced?? I think I must be getting old! I would have guessed half that.

You're pretty close, but not quite there. Remember that there were races in other places besides Reno during that time period.

Neal
                    Im pretty sure it was 98 Risky last raced, but then i dont have complete records way down here in NZ, and i also forget that there were the races in Phoenix and other places too.
                    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                    X