Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    Needs a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for that to even be a possibility.
    True; I just wanted to be the first to throw that out there.

I'm more of a 232 fanboy anyway.

Comment

Will we have more than 3 or 4 real unlimited race planes in the field this year or maybe less?
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        Will we have more than 3 or 4 real unlimited race planes in the field this year or maybe less?
        It'll probably be the same as last year with most likely CM in place of the witch. I imagine Bear will race that's just me... 232 probably not, Dago nope, Gold Finger?! Let's wait til June for that one...

But I THINK with 100+ PRS attendees we might get more stockers on the field. Dusty did say there's supposed to be a handful of Yak's present.

Ducking for cover...
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

WHAT! Kerch FIRED? Always liked Stevo, but think I'm gonna burn my VooDoo shirt!

Comment

Coming into this kind of late, particularly after my flaming kelp dreams, this all seems so familiar??
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
              Yeah, I forgot that it is still so early in the year. Guess I just got excited thinking about September!

But seriously, as I read the tea leaves, even if they have to use a catapult to launch it into the air, as long as Dreadnought shows up, stays on the outside of all the pylons, and finishes the race on Sunday, it will be crowned the Champion for Reno 2016.
              Then there must be no Mustangs racing this year...

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                Then there must be no Mustangs racing this year...

Looks like just the one fast mover - and that team is going thru some kind of "transformation", apparently... so good luck to them, also.

Maybe I need to consider CM in this year's lineup? Forgot about that one. Anybody know it's status?
                Last edited by toldjaso; 05-24-2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Wow, knew nothing about this until just now. I'm stunned.

Comment

It's been odd this year -- big stuff happening at the upper echelon of the Sport but no knowledge of or discussion of events on the fan level. I miss Thom Richard. He always tried to be open and aboveboard, and explained what he was doing. He actually talked to the folks whose interest and enthusiasm keep Air Racing limping along.

There are not enough honorable people in the Sport these days.

Neal

Comment

Yes, I also do miss Thom Richardīs updating news. He is one of the few that chimes in here and feeds our hungry to know about his racer. I hope he be racing this 2016 race season, not to mention with his Precious Metal.

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
                        Yes, I also do miss Thom Richardīs updating news. He is one of the few that chimes in here and feeds our hungry to know about his racer. I hope he be racing this 2016 race season, not to mention with his Precious Metal.
                        Thom still posts status updates on Facebook, right now most of the posts are showing the tear-down process. I saw him write that PM coming in 2017 is a stretch but it's the goal. He also chimed in on Facebook earlier in a Strega thread asking what the problem is with the radiator (or whatever the problem really is). He cares about this sport a lot and I miss that
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          The race trailer was not a fun place to be last September. I have never seen one of my heroes so 'lost' at a time when he normally is laser-sharp 'in the zone'. I made the mistake of opining something about 'too many chiefs and not enough Indians' on Facebook and got beat down pretty hard...specifically from a couple of the people who had 'newly favored status'. But it is what it is.

But that's okay. Kerch and I have already been kicking around the knowledge that there is a perfectly good red and white Sea Fury in need of attention...and Jim Larsen isn't doing anything these days. Nor is Skip Holm.
                          As 2-3-2's biggest fan...which should be well-known on this forum...pick me, coach :-)
                          "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

What was the last Gold race won by a Sea Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                              What was the last Gold race won by a Sea Fury?
                              2006 - Race 232
                              Last edited by Matt58; 05-25-2016, 05:28 AM.
                              "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                                Yeah, I forgot that it is still so early in the year. Guess I just got excited thinking about September!

But seriously, as I read the tea leaves, even if they have to use a catapult to launch it into the air, as long as Dreadnought shows up, stays on the outside of all the pylons, and finishes the race on Sunday, it will be crowned the Champion for Reno 2016.

Just checking, I called it back in May!
                                Enjoy the racing this year guys, I can't make it out to Reno.
                                Last edited by toldjaso; 09-11-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X