Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes

I am very surprised that there has been no discussion at all of the changes in the Voodoo team over the winter. How can you just coldly fire the consensus best crew chief in the history of the sport? How can you fire one of only a couple of people on the planet who truly understand what a Mouse Merlin is and why it is that way, and has a demonstrated ability to turn a sludge filled boat anchor into a race winning motor?

Can a 30 year old Race pilot run a top notch Race team as well as fly the airplane every day?

I guess we'll find out. Maybe this will finally be Stew Dawson's year...

Any thoughts??

Re: Changes

I just heard about this a couple of days ago. Kerch has won where ever he went, and I am shocked. Was there any hint at all to this? How did this come about?

Comment

" Maybe this will finally be Stew Dawson's year...

Any thoughts?? "

Only if Stew is flying his Spirit of Texas, since RB is jacked up and on blocks...
      Last edited by toldjaso; 05-22-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

From what Bill said when I talked to him last winter, he just got a call one day and was told he was no longer on the team. He was pretty upset at that time. I don't know much more than that. It will be interesting to see where things go from here with the team. Mikey Wilton was let go at the same time and already had another job. Michael Luvara was also let go -- don't know who will be handling the telemetry this year.

Neal

Comment

Soo many changes............
          Last edited by ChrisMX105; 05-22-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Bob Button calling the shots right?

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post

Any thoughts?? "

Only if Stew is flying his Spirit of Texas, since RB is jacked up and on blocks...
              the bear jacked up and on blocks is normal this time of year........
              bob burns
              ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
              "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Seems like I read recently where a new race engine was being built for the Bear. Anyone have any info on what's going on with the Bear?

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post

Any thoughts?? "

Really???

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3 View Post
                    the bear jacked up and on blocks is normal this time of year........

Yeah, I forgot that it is still so early in the year. Guess I just got excited thinking about September!

But seriously, as I read the tea leaves, even if they have to use a catapult to launch it into the air, as long as Dreadnought shows up, stays on the outside of all the pylons, and finishes the race on Sunday, it will be crowned the Champion for Reno 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      I am very surprised that there has been no discussion at all of the changes in the Voodoo team over the winter. How can you just coldly fire the consensus best crew chief in the history of the sport? How can you fire one of only a couple of people on the planet who truly understand what a Mouse Merlin is and why it is that way, and has a demonstrated ability to turn a sludge filled boat anchor into a race winning motor?

Can a 30 year old Race pilot run a top notch Race team as well as fly the airplane every day?

I guess we'll find out. Maybe this will finally be Stew Dawson's year...

Any thoughts??

The race trailer was not a fun place to be last September. I have never seen one of my heroes so 'lost' at a time when he normally is laser-sharp 'in the zone'. I made the mistake of opining something about 'too many chiefs and not enough Indians' on Facebook and got beat down pretty hard...specifically from a couple of the people who had 'newly favored status'. But it is what it is.

But that's okay. Kerch and I have already been kicking around the knowledge that there is a perfectly good red and white Sea Fury in need of attention...and Jim Larsen isn't doing anything these days. Nor is Skip Holm.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                        The race trailer was not a fun place to be last September. I have never seen one of my heroes so 'lost' at a time when he normally is laser-sharp 'in the zone'. I made the mistake of opining something about 'too many chiefs and not enough Indians' on Facebook and got beat down pretty hard...specifically from a couple of the people who had 'newly favored status'. But it is what it is.

But that's okay. Kerch and I have already been kicking around the knowledge that there is a perfectly good red and white Sea Fury in need of attention...and Jim Larsen isn't doing anything these days. Nor is Skip Holm.

OK, You now have my full and undivided attention, Big Jim!!
                        If you can get ownership of 232, and get Skip to fly it, then all you would need now is a running motor.
                        Good Luck! It would just be too good to be true.
                        Let me know if you guys need someone to wipe the oil off the belly, wax the wings, important stuff like that. I'd be glad to do it!

Comment

Doesn't Dago Red have a real owner now, who may need some help?

Comment

Originally posted by 88SC View Post
                            Doesn't Dago Red have a real owner now, who may need some help?
                            Needs a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for that to even be a possibility.

Comment

Whiteside in Dago. Skip in 232. I can see it now..

Then I woke up

Comment

Working...
                              X