Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photos from the Planes of Fame Air Show 2016

Originally posted by Reever View Post
    Where is the Kingcobra that Bob Rieser owned? He was based out of Stockton Ca.
    Bob Reiser's P-63 was the old Sandberg "Tipsy Miss". Reiser sold it to Stephen Grey's "Fighter Collection" over in Duxford, where it was repainted in a Soviet scheme. The plane was tragically lost during a fatal in-flight fire coming home from a show in France in 1990.

Comment

Thank you Big Jim and Victor for sharing the pictures! Victor, it's great to see your work again! Mrs. Race 29 sends her love!

I remember Reiser's P-63, it was a beautiful bird!

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I remember Bob at an airshow in Stockton, Ca. and four little snots from UOP arguing with him. They were saying he was wrong and that it was a P-39! He was sooooo patient with them in explaining the differences. Boy were they smart a$$ little pecker woods.
        Last edited by Reever; 05-16-2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen any photos of the HA-1112, did they not get it flying in time? Totally forgot about it with the influx of awesome photos.

Comment

No. They put maximum effort into getting the Zero airborne. This was the Buchon in the hangar on Saturday night.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you everyone!
              Here's a couple more from the show:

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thanks again Victor! I miss you man!

I'm going to do PRS but unsure about September.. Would be the first time I've missed it for anything other than COULD NOT MAKE IT due to health reasons....

Will you be coming up for PRS?
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  No. They put maximum effort into getting the Zero airborne. This was the Buchon in the hangar on Saturday night.
                  Got it, thank you! It's cool since you don't see too many of those, but there's no way I would ever want to fly one with how "well" I've heard they handle on pavement.

Comment

A quick question. On "Spam Can" what is the purpose of the black lines that start at the leading edge of the wing and move toward the cockpit? Are they visual references for the pilot?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                      A quick question. On "Spam Can" what is the purpose of the black lines that start at the leading edge of the wing and move toward the cockpit? Are they visual references for the pilot?

Kevin
                      I believe that those lines were used for ground attack. Line up the target with one of the lines and it gave you the angle to attack at, or something of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                        I believe that those lines were used for ground attack. Line up the target with one of the lines and it gave you the angle to attack at, or something of the sort.
                        Thanks for the reply Big Jim. Cudos to you and Victor for posting photos.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X