Planes of Fame Airshow 2016...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes of Fame Airshow 2016...

Starts today at 1530 with the Twilight Show until 2000. Good weather today and Sunday. The ramp is full of warbirds, racers and replicas. A couple of F-16's from SC are here to bring the noise. C-17 from MARB, PB4-Y, Spitfires, P-40's, many other WWII era flyable aircraft. Good day to work at CNO airport!

Re: Planes of Fame Airshow 2016...

Originally posted by Gunner7 View Post
    Starts today at 1530 with the Twilight Show until 2000. Good weather today and Sunday. The ramp is full of warbirds, racers and replicas. A couple of F-16's from SC are here to bring the noise. C-17 from MARB, PB4-Y, Spitfires, P-40's, many other WWII era flyable aircraft. Good day to work at CNO airport!
    The place is PACKED with warbirds! Excited to head up bright and early tomorrow. There's a P-51 named "Sparky" on the right and "Blondie" with nose art on the left side... Is this THE Sparky..? If nobody knows I'll find out tomorrow!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/PlanesofFam...type=3&theater
      Random Air Blog

Comment

That's the pic I saw, so is it THE Sparky? They totally cleaned her up if it is, I just don't know if it's gonna be attending Reno anymore..?
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          That's the pic I saw, so is it THE Sparky? They totally cleaned her up if it is, I just don't know if it's gonna be attending Reno anymore..?
          Could be quite a few of us could be in that category....
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Could be quite a few of us could be in that category....
            Confirmed it is THE Sparky, still has Race 44 underneath it with Support Air as a sponsor. Looks very good without the jelly belly stuff
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Confirmed it is THE Sparky, still has Race 44 underneath it with Support Air as a sponsor. Looks very good without the jelly belly stuff
              Beat me to it! At first I thought "Blondie" was a new mustang. It wasn't until I saw your post this morning that I realized it was Sparky.

There's some good photos of it here:

Still no word on what inspired the "change of cloths"

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post

Still no word on what inspired the "change of cloths"
                UPDATE!

Direct quote from Steve Seghetti; "We talked of redoing the Sparkler with the blonde gal years ago. Sparky logo still on other side."

Comment

UPDATE!

Direct quote from Steve Seghetti; "We talked of redoing the Sparkler with the blonde gal years ago. Sparky logo still on other side."
                  Well she sure looks great. Hope to see "Blondie" around the pylons! She sure looked good alongside Speedball today
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Well she sure looks great. Hope to see "Blondie" around the pylons! She sure looked good alongside Speedball today
                    Yes she does!! I can't wait to see more photos of her in action.

Comment

UPDATE!

I love these 4th FG paint jobs, BUT, this particular airframe is a combat vet and the paint job it wore up until now (albeit mostly covered up by the Jelly Belly stickers) is the way it was painted in service. As I recall, when Seghetti first got this Mustang they even located the pilot who was still alive, Doc Watson. Other than the race number and the lack of "Doc Watson" under the canopy rail the paint job was pretty accurate. Later, after the gear-up landing at Nut Tree, they added the name "Sparky" and then later the Jelly Belly logos.

Comment

I sure hope she can make Reno without the Jelly Belly sponsor, I know it was key at one time.
                        Steve once told me when we were talking about her history that he wondered how much, if any of her was an sctual combat vet after all the years, rebuilds, etc.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

If Ridge Runner was still around this would have made 3 red nose Northern CA Mustangs?
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X