Video From Pylon 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video From Pylon 3

2015 Reno Air Races Unlimited class from Pylon3.RearBear, Voodoo, Strega.
    Random Air Blog

Re: Video From Pylon 3

As someone that wasn't there in 2015, I can't thank you enough!

Every new clip and photo captures something that no one else caught.

Nice video and nice edit as well, the audio is really clear on my speakers!

Thanks dude. . .

Don

Comment

I didn't create the video but I sure am glad that people share the view from the pylons! Is it September yet?!
      Random Air Blog

Comment

I was thinking about it more and more, but I think this video was needed in the NBC show. I got goosebumps watching this I was PUMPED UP!!! The noise, the speed, the power, THIS video really shows why Reno is awesome

Maybe with a little more time in next years broadcast it can be a little less "educational" and more action-packed with stuff like this.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The segment where Strega is being towed out, it looks like that one exhaust stack/cylinder is running MUCH leaner than the others?

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
            The segment where Strega is being towed out, it looks like that one exhaust stack/cylinder is running MUCH leaner than the others?
            If the engine really had been running lean on one hole, she wouldn't have won. :-)

My guess is that the leak at the stack/head junction (which burned up the fairing just ahead of the 2nd stack) allowed air to enter the stack and cause the spent gasses to burn inside the stack rather than after exiting the stack at high power, raising the temp inside the stack and creating a coating of ash on the inside of the stack. So the high temperatures were probably just in the stack itself, not in the cylinder. Either that, or the hot gasses flowing along the outside of the stack from the leak raised the temperature of the metal stack to the point it burned the carbon coating white.

Comment

Anyone else notice the amount of smoke from Voodoo on the start? I thought the T33 had moved over a couple slots........

Sucks that they were hurt, would have been epic.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                If the engine really had been running lean on one hole, she wouldn't have won. :-)

My guess is that the leak at the stack/head junction (which burned up the fairing just ahead of the 2nd stack) allowed air to enter the stack and cause the spent gasses to burn inside the stack rather than after exiting the stack at high power, raising the temp inside the stack and creating a coating of ash on the inside of the stack. So the high temperatures were probably just in the stack itself, not in the cylinder. Either that, or the hot gasses flowing along the outside of the stack from the leak raised the temperature of the metal stack to the point it burned the carbon coating white.
                440_Magnum,

I thought too that if the one cylinder was running THAT much leaner Strega probably wouldn't have won let alone finished.
                Your guess makes total sense though. Sounds logical. I would tend to agree that it was an air leak around the 2nd stack.

Comment

Working...
                X