Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies: Gold Rush Grandpa John Schnabel

Of course, this is extremely

Don't know how many of you are hooked on Gold Rush, but I have been, since the first episode.. Particularly, because the Hoffman's are an Oregon Clan.. and I was sort of stuck in front of the TV with an illness at the time.

Since the introduction of very young Parker Schnabel, along with his beloved grandpa John Schnabel, via this show, I suppose many of us have become "virtual family members" with this interesting klan.

I actually met one of the "characters" from the show.. REAL PEOPLE, by the way... Parker Schnabel's Dad Roger (John Schnabel's son) on the MV Choho running over from Port Angeles to Victoria, BC last year.. Just a very nice man, completely unaffected real guy, who's son was involved with a "reality" show but who was accomplishing everything you see on screen, really...

I dunno, because we wound up talking twice, and talked a lot about his dad, John, and I've watched the show from the beginning.. It just got me in the chest when I learned that John Schnabel passed away March 18. Thought I might get away with a special BLUE SKIES here..

< / >

Thanks!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Skies: Gold Rush Grandpa John Schnabel

I've followed the show from the beginning also. The relationship between Parker and his Grandfather reminds me of my relationship with my own Grandfather except I lost mine when I was about 12.
    John Schnabel was a true man, a gentleman, hard worker and a great mentor to his grandson and others.
    Blue Skies to him, I'll miss seeing him on the show.
    Brian

Comment

Re: Blue Skies: Gold Rush Grandpa John Schnabel

I've also had an intrest in the show since it started. I've always been intrested in prospecting and had a gold mining claim near Central City, Co back in the late fifties. And no, it didnt pay off.

We'll miss Grandpa John. RIP If any of you get a wild hair for gold mining, there is a company called Gold Rush on the internet, that is selling claims all over the western part of the country.
      Ron

Comment

Working...
      X