NBC Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBC Coverage

I have said it before and I will keep saying it...I respect EVERYONE's opinion but don't necessarily agree with them. And quite simply put, to say the NBC broadcast was pathetic and a total waste of time, I feel, is completely asinine!!!

Somebody, somewhere, decided this sport needed some coverage and agreed to spend the money to bring people and gear to film/edit/put together this coverage.

While yes, it may not have met some of our expectations, I also feel OUR expectations are a tad high, only because of OOUR extreme love of this sport.

To say this was a total waste just has me

To the naysayers, would it have been better if they just didn't do it????

I don't get it.
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I was not able to see the reno racing on NBC,is there a place where I may be able to see a video of the broadcast?

Juan

Found it on this site Thanks anyway.
      Last edited by F4D Phantom II; 04-06-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F4D Phantom II View Post
        I was not able to see the reno racing on NBC,is there a place where I may be able to see a video of the broadcast?

Juan

Found it on this site Thanks anyway.
        All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!
        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
          .. quite simply put, to say the NBC broadcast was pathetic and a total waste of time, I feel, is completely asinine!!!
          Thank you.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

All I can say is that at least they tried, and with the exception of YouTube, what other venues for viewing are there?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
              I have said it before and I will keep saying it...I respect EVERYONE's opinion but don't necessarily agree with them. And quite simply put, to say the NBC broadcast was pathetic and a total waste of time, I feel, is completely asinine!!!

Somebody, somewhere, decided this sport needed some coverage and agreed to spend the money to bring people and gear to film/edit/put together this coverage.

While yes, it may not have met some of our expectations, I also feel OUR expectations are a tad high, only because of OUR extreme love of this sport.

To say this was a total waste just has me

To the naysayers, would it have been better if they just didn't do it????

I don't get it.
              I suppose the old saying that opinions are like @$$holes...everybody has one...was never more on point. No matter what anyone does or doesn't do to promote this sport, it will never be right, enough, or worthwhile for some of the more jaded among us. This board has been peppered with comments for years about why RARA doesn't do this or that to promote the sport. It's in large measure the one thing we ALL tend to agree on. Now along comes NBC Sports with what is reported to be a multi-year deal and all some of us can do is bitch and moan.

Here's a thought...don't like the way RARA is promoting the sport...what, exactly, are you doing about it that goes above and beyond what RARA is doing? Have you offered your services and expertise in whatever it is you do best to help RARA get the word out?

As I said early on in the thread, NO ONE on this site is in the demographics of their intended audience. Was it a Grammy-worthy presentation...probably not. Was it intended to appeal to the hard-core or committed fan who attends on a annual or semi-regular basis...NO.

To those who see fit to bash this attempt to spread the RARA Gospel, get off your high-horse and get over yourself.

I'll slide my soapbox back under my desk now...
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                I suppose the old saying that opinions are like @$$holes...everybody has one...was never more on point. No matter what anyone does or doesn't do to promote this sport, it will never be right, enough, or worthwhile for some of the more jaded among us. This board has been peppered with comments for years about why RARA doesn't do this or that to promote the sport. It's in large measure the one thing we ALL tend to agree on. Now along comes NBC Sports with what is reported to be a multi-year deal and all some of us can do is bitch and moan.

Here's a thought...don't like the way RARA is promoting the sport...what, exactly, are you doing about it that goes above and beyond what RARA is doing? Have you offered your services and expertise in whatever it is you do best to help RARA get the word out?

As I said early on in the thread, NO ONE on this site is in the demographics of their intended audience. Was it a Grammy-worthy presentation...probably not. Was it intended to appeal to the hard-core or committed fan who attends on a annual or semi-regular basis...NO.

To those who see fit to bash this attempt to spread the RARA Gospel, get off your high-horse and get over yourself.

I'll slide my soapbox back under my desk now...
                RIGHT ON!!! This is what I was trying to say in my original post but I think it threw some people off. Feel free to keep that soap box out...
                "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Working...
                X