Lyle Shelton Time to Climb Record Video/Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyle Shelton Time to Climb Record Video/Pics

Does anyone have video or pictures of the record setting time to climb of Rare Bear and Lyle Shelton? Wasn't Rare Bear at the time, I don't believe..........was it called the Able Cat then? Thanks
    Brian

Re: Lyle Shelton Time to Climb Record Video/Pics

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    Does anyone have video or pictures of the record setting time to climb of Rare Bear and Lyle Shelton? Wasn't Rare Bear at the time, I don't believe..........was it called the Able Cat then? Thanks
    Brian
    The theater of my mind has a great video of that event, Lyle inside the airplane setting the power, nodding his head and Cliff Putman releasing the helicopter load dropping device that tied the airplane to the ground. We used to have an actual 8MM movie of that event. But I couldn't tell where it is today.....well I know where it is but which box it is in, no idea.

I think at that time the airplane was either "Phoenix I" or the "Phast Phoenix" it was both of those for a while.
    John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
      The theater of my mind has a great video of that event, Lyle inside the airplane setting the power, nodding his head and Cliff Putman releasing the helicopter load dropping device that tied the airplane to the ground. We used to have an actual 8MM movie of that event. But I couldn't tell where it is today.....well I know where it is but which box it is in, no idea.

I think at that time the airplane was either "Phoenix I" or the "Phast Phoenix" it was both of those for a while.
      We've got to figure out a way to plug your brain into a video recorder! We'll make MILLION$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        We've got to figure out a way to plug your brain into a video recorder! We'll make MILLION$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I don't know about millions, but I need to see that film more than I need to see a fifth Indiana Jones movie Sounds like the Mr. Slack's home movies are a true National Treasure.

Comment

I'll kick in an 8mm projector and screen you can keep if you want to dig them out. Hell, I'll even do the diggin! Just sayin. ...he said with his biggest puppy dog eyes.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Anyone ever come up with a video of this record? Would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              Anyone ever come up with a video of this record? Would love to see it.
              The 8MM movie is still in storage....... somewhere. My wife has had a daunting task as she works on trying to organize what Lyle had all over the place, with zero organization. The 8MM movie is also over 45 years old at this point. There was no official event movie made of the time to climb record, just what we took.
              John
              John Slack

Comment

Working...
              X