FAA Will NEED HELP SOON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAA Will NEED HELP SOON!

This PC, nanny state, overreaching, overbearing left wing loony gov of ours is destroying this once great country...

Comment

Stay on track Gramps. The faa made these rules, not Obama, not Congress. And they made this rule to satisfy the fearful citizens brainwashed by watching Fox news (sic) and to satisfy the Amazon and Google lobbyists who want airspace for their commercial drones 0-250ft AGL nationwide. If ya wanna point fingers, a few irresponsible drone owners (who won't register anyway), big business and the fearful, chicken little mentality right wing is to blame for this.
      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Any body seen the new DRONE weapon?? An Eagle taught to bring them down, how cool is that.

Comment

It´s not my bussiness but If they go on with this policy, in the near future they will ask for an IFF mounted in your drone.

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
            It´s not my bussiness but If they go on with this policy, in the near future they will ask for an IFF mounted in your drone.
            That would be funny if it was not true. But it very well may be...
            I just read an article in the Feb/March Midwest Flyer Magazine that talks about that very thing, and how there are basically two categories of trains of thought on the "drone" registration subject.
            (1) Either you think they already went too far, or (2) You think they did not go nearly far enough, one or the other.
            Most modelers and the AMA fall in category 1. Partly because the rule violates the 2012 Reform Act.
            The far leftists want everything from electronic signals from the model (sent by something similar to a phone app) that uses a microchip that displays the registration number, to a licensing system (not just a registration system), indestructible data plates, ADS-B transmitters, visible strobe lights, QR codes and RFID, activation codes before they can be turned on to fly, and the list goes on... not to mention that the loonies want your: 1. Birth date, 2. Drivers licence number, 3. Social Security Number, 4. Passport numbers, 5. Nationality, 6. Proof of citizenship, 7. Insurance Information.
            Too bad you don't have to have all of that to vote for who the next president is...
            So, this is far from over, and it sure was fun while it lasted, but us modelers are now in the same category as a terrorist, thanks to the panic-driven nut-jobs out there, who have never had a hobby other than telling everyone else what to do..

Comment

The FAA is taking it to a new level, they now want the cars in to it the same as drones. I guess they think some one might have a flying car.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpace View Post
                The FAA is taking it to a new level, they now want the cars in to it the same as drones. I guess they think some one might have a flying car.
                Clint Eastwood was in a movie years ago where someone had a bomb in an r/c car and tried to get him, remember that one?
                I forget which movie that was.

Comment

I hope we never have flying Sani-Huts or even Sani-Huts on wheels. Where does it all stop/start?
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                    I hope we never have flying Sani-Huts or even Sani-Huts on wheels. Where does it all stop/start?
                    The Sani-Hut is what the CIA Predator drone circling overhead has missile lock on !

Comment

Just a reminder from the feds:

February 16- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is reminding drone owners about this week’s registration deadline.
                      If you own a drone weighing more than 0.55 lbs. but less than 55 lbs., and you’ve been flying it outdoors or plan to fly it outdoors for hobby or recreation, federal law requires you to register by this Friday, February 19, 2016.
                      Registration is simple. You can register online at FAA.gov– it costs only $5 and is valid for three years. Once you complete the registration process, you will receive a certificate and an FAA registration number which must be marked on all unmanned aircraft that meet the registration weight requirement. You must have your certificate with you when you fly. You can print your certificate or save it to your personal electronic device, like your smartphone, or do both.
                      “Besides being required by law, registration provides an excellent opportunity to educate yourself if you are new to aviation, and it will help you become part of the safety culture that has been the hallmark of traditional aviation for more than a century,” said FAA Administrator Michael Huerta.
                      More than 342,000 people have already registered. Failure to register with the FAA could result in one or a combination of the following: a civil penalty of up to $27,500; a criminal fine of up to $250,000; imprisonment for up to three years.

copied directly from the faa.gov website.
                      I registered when it was still free to do it.
                      cheers!

Comment

Anything that FLYs? How they gonna register birds? and fish and squirrels? and Frisbees and baseballs and footballs and ski-jumpers and wing-suit guys? I think grampi is right on the money.

Comment

Working...
                        X