"Hot New Driver"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hot New Driver"

How about Thom Richard flying "Strega" while "PM" is under rebuild status.
    Best idea, ever.
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

The obvious answer to me as to the new stick for Strega is that someone brought money to the table.

Nothing against Thom, but if he had the money his own pony would be under rebuild instead of sitting waiting. And you don't move the astronaut out of the seat unless a suitcase of cash comes with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        And you don't move the astronaut out of the seat unless a suitcase of cash comes with the deal.
        Like Curt Brown?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
          Like Curt Brown?

Jarrod
          Touche!

But I said "the" astronaut, not "an" astronaut.
          Last edited by Big_Jim; 01-21-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Nope not an astronut and no money was given he was right place right time, like I said he is a good stick it will go fast

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
              Nope not an astronut and no money was given he was right place right time, like I said he is a good stick it will go fast
              Nice to have someone in the know! Thanks for the "hints" I can't wait to hear the news.

So that being said.... I wonder if Hoot is gonna have any ride?? I wonder if Lewis would let him race something? La Pistolera would be cool to see around the pylons again.

Or if Dawson ever let someone bring SOT back I've heard he doesn't even want Nelson to fly it because he wants to focus on the Bear and only the Bear.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

What's Will Whiteside doing these days.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gv71 View Post
                  What's Will Whiteside doing these days.

Greg
                  Fishing

Comment

No fall out , firing or bad blood, Hoot as is mentioned was a won and done deal . The way he flew that airplane around the home pylon was a joy to watch , never seen anything like it and glad we got to see it. What a great guy and pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                      How about Thom Richard flying "Strega" while "PM" is under rebuild status.
                      great Idea... do you think Thom would do it? I don't think Strega has enough yellow on it for Thom though

this would be great too see, I think a lot of the Racing fans would agree..

Comment

Mr. Jay Consalvi
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

reading the bio of Strega's new driver, its like Deja Vu... Started out as a waxer and gopher on the team and worked his way up... Like Stevo did.
                          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Is Jay Consalvi the real new "Strega" Driver? Did he need the required $250K that "Tiger" use to ask for?
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

I'm not sure who Jay Consalvi is, but I just saw this today!

Los Angeles – The leading website design and hosting company Go Daddy has announced an exciting new three year sponsorship agreement with legendary unlimited race plane owner Bill “Tiger” Destefani. Tiger’s highly modified P-51 Mustang racer “Strega” has more unlimited National Championship wins than any other unlimited racer. This sponsorship agreement will cover air racing and airshow events through 2019 and will include attempts to set the World’s 3km and 15km speed record for piston engine aircraft in the Summer of 2017.

In a deal involving resumption of sponsorship on a part-time basis with NASCAR’s Stewart-Haas racing team during this same time period, Danica Patrick has been announced as the new race pilot for Strega. Patrick is the full-time driver under contract with Stewart-Hass Racing’s Sprint Cup race 10 car. In this exciting sponsorship package deal, Patrick’s NASCAR seat will be filled by a yet to be named back-up driver (possibly Tony Stewart in 2018 and 2019) for 3 races each year so she can participate in the Reno National Championship Air Races in September and PRS in June.

Besides racing in the IRL and NASCAR race series, Danica Patrick is an accomplished private pilot who looks forward to competing at Reno in Strega under the tutelage of the master of unlimited air racing, Bill “Tiger” Destefani. The introduction of Danica Patrick and Go Daddy into unlimited air racing is expected to dramatically increase the sport’s visibility and broaden it’s fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
                                I'm not sure who Jay Consalvi is, but I just saw this today!

Los Angeles – The leading website design and hosting company Go Daddy has announced an exciting new three year sponsorship agreement with legendary unlimited race plane owner Bill “Tiger” Destefani. Tiger’s highly modified P-51 Mustang racer “Strega” has more unlimited National Championship wins than any other unlimited racer. This sponsorship agreement will cover air racing and airshow events through 2019 and will include attempts to set the World’s 3km and 15km speed record for piston engine aircraft in the Summer of 2017.

In a deal involving resumption of sponsorship on a part-time basis with NASCAR’s Stewart-Haas racing team during this same time period, Danica Patrick has been announced as the new race pilot for Strega. Patrick is the full-time driver under contract with Stewart-Hass Racing’s Sprint Cup race 10 car. In this exciting sponsorship package deal, Patrick’s NASCAR seat will be filled by a yet to be named back-up driver (possibly Tony Stewart in 2018 and 2019) for 3 races each year so she can participate in the Reno National Championship Air Races in September and PRS in June.

Besides racing in the IRL and NASCAR race series, Danica Patrick is an accomplished private pilot who looks forward to competing at Reno in Strega under the tutelage of the master of unlimited air racing, Bill “Tiger” Destefani. The introduction of Danica Patrick and Go Daddy into unlimited air racing is expected to dramatically increase the sport’s visibility and broaden it’s fan base.
                                Wait for it...............

Comment

Working...
                                X