Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hot New Driver"

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Kevin Eldredge would do it well! I've always thought he would be a good replacement if Steve wasn't available.
    How about if Eldredge drives and Hoover is backseat and calls the start? Now I would pay to see and hear that!
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
      I wish I would get a call like that and I would do it in a second,thanks for the vote anyway, I do know who it is and he is a really good stick
      Sooooo Strega is getting a new driver..?

This is getting to be another interesting year, can't wait
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
        If I had a full blown unlimited and wanted to put a true racer in the cockpit I would tap the shoulder of Phil Goforth. With the right training that guy would whale on a whole bunch of people. It's not about what he's flown, but his attitude is in line with winning with anything put underneath him. If Tiger took him under his wing and showed him how to fly Strega "his way" that would be a very fast airplane with a very fast pilot behind it.

Best answer yet. No doubt he could get the job done.

Comment

For sure It will not be Hoot, Who it is

Comment

Only a handfull know and I think there trying to keep it that way for just a bit longer, you may not know his name when you first hear it but you will after sept for sure, and ill be the back up pilot if they let me

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
              Now Sam, we both know that you're not the hot one in your family...

BTW - did you settle on a name for your race Pitts yet?
              You're exactly right, Chris. The wife is definitely the HOT one in my family. Yes, the team name has been determined. I'll text it to you [can't let the cat out of the bag yet]. Hopefully, the plane will be home in TN next week...fingers crossed.

Sam
              Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by fastpace View Post
                For sure It will not be Hoot, Who it is
                Was there a fallout of some kind? Seemed like a pretty good match.
                "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

It was a one time deal going in I believe. I also like the match up but the man knows what and how to do it as he has done many times before. The man being Tiger. You can not argue with his record.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                    You're exactly right, Chris. The wife is definitely the HOT one in my family. Yes, the team name has been determined. I'll text it to you [can't let the cat out of the bag yet]. Hopefully, the plane will be home in TN next week...fingers crossed.

Sam
                    Great choice on the name, Sam. Thanks for the texts today.

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                      In the hypothetical, "wouldn't it be cool if..." world... One could imagine Junior in Voodoo and Senior in Strega

Yeah, I'd buy a ticket for that race
                      Me too.

We all knew Hoot could do it and he finally won it. Point proved. Now, Big Steve would be an outstanding choice. Junior's good, but if this happens, my money's on Senior.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                        Me too.

We all knew Hoot could do it and he finally won it. Point proved. Now, Big Steve would be an outstanding choice. Junior's good, but if this happens, my money's on Senior.
                        Yes what a match-up that would be. However, I bet Mrs Hinton would play a big part in that not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                          Yes what a match-up that would be. However, I bet Mrs Hinton would play a big part in that not happening.

I thought his retirement from racing was mostly due to his second back injury after the Miles-Atwood Special crashed...

Comment

Yes that's correct. Steve won Reno twice and hasn't raced since June 1990. Can't see this happening.

Comment

How about Thom Richard flying "Strega" while "PM" is under rebuild status.
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                                How about Thom Richard flying "Strega" while "PM" is under rebuild status.
                                Now, THAT, I'd buy a box seat for!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X