• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring this guy to Reno 2016

This would be a good in between act.
    http://youtu.be/NnbJC36d2jo

Merry Christmas!!
    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Re: Bring this guy to Reno 2016

Originally posted by ArmyMP View Post
    This would be a good in between act.
    http://youtu.be/NnbJC36d2jo

Merry Christmas!!
    Couldn´t believe what I was watching. So good model and pilot!!
    I think the next step should be a real scale one, if he reached to that point.
    Thank you for posting it.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

What's the difference between RC and Drone?

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        What's the difference between RC and Drone?
        R/C is supposed to be flown with the pilot maintaining line-of sight with the unaided eye (no binoculars), and controlled from the ground with a transmitter.(Short range).
        A drone will usually be pre-programmed to fly it's mission, from launch to landing, with no control signals from the ground. That way, it can't be jammed or have control taken over by someone else. This would usually be a Military type aircraft, with very long range capability. They can usually be over-ridden in flight, if there is a better target to go to, or whatever. (This is probably how someone else (like Iran) might be able to get control of our drones).
        The generic use of the word drone has become used for all of them, but really is not proper for an R/C model.
        In the U.S., models are supposed to be 55 pounds or less. The really neat huge ones are in countries like Germany. I saw one BF 109 on youtube that weighed close to 300 lbs, as I recall.
        Last edited by toldjaso; 12-25-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X