Looking FAR ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking FAR ahead

The Blues and the Thunderbirds both released the 2016-2017 schedules. As we know, the Blues will be at Reno in 2016. But in 2017, Reno is not on either schedule. Hopefully the Snowbirds still support Reno!!

A bit concerning but I feel like the new staff has a good idea of what's going on, and I miss the Snowbirds anyway!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Looking FAR ahead

Would be nice to be on a revolving schedule, one year the Blue Angles, the next the Snowbirds, then the Thunderbirds. I think this is what they use to shoot for.
    Brian

Comment

The scheduling doesn't allow for it, nor does the budget. Just returned from ICAS where the schedules were announced. The number of shows competing for the teams is huge. And it is a BIG item in a show budget!! THEY DON'T COME FOR FREE!!!! Get involved with your local show and find out what it costs to produce one. Been there/done that. That is why I volunteer in my local shows and Reno, instead of trying to tell others how to run their show. Or produce one.
      Betty

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
        The scheduling doesn't allow for it, nor does the budget. Just returned from ICAS where the schedules were announced. The number of shows competing for the teams is huge. And it is a BIG item in a show budget!! THEY DON'T COME FOR FREE!!!! Get involved with your local show and find out what it costs to produce one. Been there/done that. That is why I volunteer in my local shows and Reno, instead of trying to tell others how to run their show. Or produce one.
        Betty
        Not to mention the time it eats out of the rest of the daily schedule. The T-Birds are the worst about pushing out of their time windows. Their 1+ hour push is why we didn't have a Gold race in 2010 before the winds picked up....

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
          That is why I volunteer in my local shows and Reno, instead of trying to tell others how to run their show. Or produce one.
          Betty
          Betty, I think this was just a topic to get some life into this board. Not sure the posters need to be placed in a corner and swatted with a naughty stick :-)

Lighten up gal, Santa will be here soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Betty, I think this was just a topic to get some life into this board. Not sure the posters need to be placed in a corner and swatted with a naughty stick :-)

Lighten up gal, Santa will be here soon enough.

Yes just making an observation for those that weren't following ICAS. Not trying to tell anybody how to run a show, just from previous experience it seems like a major jet demo team is a major draw for the races
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
            X