No announcement yet.

Any news from the Precious Metal Camp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news from the Precious Metal Camp??

Any news on Precious? Have they started taking her a part (other then for the trip home) ??

Re: Any news from the Precious Metal Camp??

I'm not sure they raised enough money from the kickstarter attempt to do much. Last I saw they only had about $15K from the attempt, and one person threw $10K of that in alone. (I put $50 in, and bought a hat). I was kinda bummed when I saw the funding attempt went so poorly.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      Any news on Precious? Have they started taking her a part (other then for the trip home) ??
      I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but the word I received very recently is that there are on-going structural inspections on the airframe that are being done to determine the next course of action. I know at least one person who has been dedicating a lot of time just to cleaning the fire damage up--removing the soot and getting areas ready so that they CAN be inspected. It sounds to me like they are taking it seriously, approaching it the right way, and when all the information/data/opinions have been gathered they will plot out what the next step is.

Comment

I don't want to speak for Thom and I am sure he will chime in but Big Jim is correct, the team is inspecting the airframe and testing of parts is taking place. I wouldn't look for much news until after the holidays. I'm sorry there is not much to talk about but that's the mode for now.

Comment

The aircraft has been under-going a series of tests at the direction of the insurance company. Team members have been doing clean up to make proper testing possible. We are all waiting for the results of these tests, and the insurance company's verdict to determine what and when the next step will be taken. Nothing is being withheld from the public...there just isn't anything new to say yet.

Comment

Good to hear progress is being made, even if its small. Doing it the right way is the only way to do it. I hope the insurance company comes through in a positive way.

Will

Comment

Will, the insurance company, Ladd Gardner, is a major partner with the team. Some of the best people with long ties to the air race community.

Comment

Yes, Ladd is Lefty's son. I wasn't sure if there was any hull insurance on PM or not. When the fire happened it sounded like there wasn't. All I know is that I look forward to seeing PM back in the air and better than ever.

Will

Comment

Working...
                X