Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RARA raffling Lexus RC350F, Dec. 31, 2015, 10 am, $100/ticket, 1000 tickets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RARA raffling Lexus RC350F, Dec. 31, 2015, 10 am, $100/ticket, 1000 tickets.

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
    Somehing loud and orange would be appropriate.
    You mean like this :-)

Comment

Re: RARA raffling Lexus RC350F, Dec. 31, 2015, 10 am, $100/ticket, 1000 tickets.

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      The next car should be a Dodge Challenger Hellcat or Charger Hellcat.

Giving it away at next years air races. Tie in the marketing with a F6F Hellcat, having both sitting on display at the air races.

Winner also gets a photoshoot session with both Hellcats.

If you want to really think out the box, have one of the custom builders Dave Kindig (Bitchen Rides) or Chip Foose build a themed Dodge Hellcat.

Heck, the Discovery Channel is always looking for new material, the build and give away on Sunday could be a good episode or two. Maybe even get some tie-in/shop footage from Hinton's Planes of Fame.

Who knows, the Discovery Channel has had years of biker builders, gold digger shows, fishing shows and now car build shows. Our sports has lots of shops with lots of interesting characters. Hinton's, Sanders, Thom and side kick "Wild Bill".

Think of the benefits and attention this could bring to the Reno air Races.
      I forget the magazine but it was a car magazine and when the Hellcat's first came out, the cover of the magazine was a photo shoot with the CAF Hellcat. That was SWEET!!!! I love the Hellcat idea, and Hellcat's are freakin awesome!!!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

You mean like this :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21861[/ATTACH]
        Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I love the idea of a NCAR equivalent to a Indy Pace Car. Take a Mustang GT, trick it out with a NCAR look and I think the dedicated fans would eat it up.

However, the Lexus has broad appeal and allows RARA to pick up money from folks who might not be at the races otherwise. Business men and women who otherwise would not be involved will likely plunk down a C-note to have a chance. Schools/booster clubs do it all the time as fundraisers. Smart move that keeps the NCAR in the news for good reasons.

Most importantly, I'm thrilled the 2015 races were in the black and that they are looking at new ways to keep them there!

James

Comment

Does anybody know who won the car? The RARA website doesn't mention a thing about it.

Thanks

Comment

Samuel posted this link in another post.

Has all the details and who won.

Air Race Update with the CEO shows the event is moving forward. On New Year’s Eve day several people gathered in the office of the Reno Air Race Association for some business. It was to draw …

My first impression of the photo where they draw the name sure does not look like there were a lot of tickets sold, hopefully they hit the goal of 1000.

Odds looked pretty good?
              Last edited by Desertdawg; 01-07-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Samuel posted this link in another post.

Has all the details and who won.

Air Race Update with the CEO shows the event is moving forward. On New Year’s Eve day several people gathered in the office of the Reno Air Race Association for some business. It was to draw …

My first impression of the photo where they draw the name sure does not look like there were a lot of tickets sold, hopefully they hit the goal of 1000.

Odds looked pretty good?
                Thanks for the response.

This may be too much information, but on Sunday afternoon around 3:00 PM I purchased a ticket with a number in the 600 range. At the time I wasn't aware the car was donated so I'd say they did rather well. It certainly helped the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                X